How is 10.6.6 update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gregrose, Jan 8, 2011.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

Just wondering how the new update is running for everyone, how is the mac app store, worth the update?

2. Stev0lution macrumors member

It's a nice little addition. Fun to play around with if you're bored.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Second that. The App store is in it's early stages so the content available is ok, but if you're someone who can't find applications through the net, the App store is something you should look at.

4. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

I wasnt going to install this update but then in the blurb it said "performance updates" and i was like "oooh yeah".

Made my MB slower :eek:

5. Fishrrman macrumors G3

"Just wondering how the new update is running for everyone, how is the mac app store, worth the update?"

Update was uneventful here on three Macs (iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro).

Absolutely no interest in the App Store, probably will never go there. (Have never used the iTunes store, either.)

6. SandboxGeneral, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011

SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It works fine on my iMac and MBP. MAS is a nice new thing, otherwise I've noticed no differences in performance at all.

7. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

no performance change for me whatsoever - i do like the app store though

8. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

No issues with update. App store looks good but no downloads for me yet.

9. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I love the App Store, it's similar to the iTunes App store, if you were to cut that out of iTunes and make it it's own program.

I find the main page of it a little sluggish though, but once you click on an app description or get the list of Top Paid or Top Free, its smooth.

I made a folder for all my downloads from there to keep track. It puts them on the dock and a copy in Applications. I took them off of the dock and have them in that folder. When it updated Angry Birds, it didn't reposition it in the dock again, which was nice, it updated it where I moved. Of course in Windows, that could never have happened, haha.

I also wish the App descriptions had requirements. Just putting Mac OSX 10.6.6 isn't really enough for some of the more demanding programs.

10. MacBird macrumors 6502

In the App store they sell Aperture for $80 compared with $200 on the regular Apple website and the license is personalized, in other words, you can install it on as many computers as you have. I find this a very interesting development.

11. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I was annoyed by this update. Only wanted to restart to windows and forgot that I installed the update 2 days ago. Needs time to install.
    The App Store is currently quite pointless. There is little to nothing interesting in there. I threw it off the dock after opening it once. It really doesn't deserve a front seat. It may sit in the Apple menu where it belongs imo.
    I didn't see or feel any other change.