How is apple using the name A6 name for their processor?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RobinHood5, Oct 13, 2012.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

AMD already makes a processor called the A6. How is apple manage to use the same name as the AMD A6 processor without getting sued?

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Differing categories entirely. Not to mention I don't think they registered the name or anything.

3. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Also, it's not what Apple is selling. Kinda like how Captain Marvel is a character of both DC and Marvel comics, but only one sells under the name of "Captain Marvel"

4. children macrumors regular

yeah, totally
    both are CPUs with integrated graphics..

Ferrari couldn't use the F150 because Ford had it first.. I don't see this as anything different

5. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

You missed the second part of my post. Probably conveniently, too. And as previously posted, they're not selling it standalone like AMD is selling theirs, so your little example there just went to hell in a handbasket.

6. children macrumors regular

what are you saying? the A6 branding is all over the Apple website

edit: they didnt register the name? pfft, along with thunderbolt, lightning, isight etc, the A# are all registered... what a stupid comment on your part.

7. RobinHood5 thread starter macrumors regular

He does have a point, apple does use it as an advertising point.

8. SA Spyder macrumors regular

They're not selling the A6 by itself. That's probably how they get around names being the same. I wonder what Cortex does though.