How is AT&T in Houston,TX ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iprime, Oct 15, 2011.

1. iprime macrumors member

Returning my sprint iphone 4S tomorrow before the 3 day policy to avoid activation fees. Don't want to get stuck for 2 years with slow speed. Just wondering how is voice and data for AT&T here in Houston,TX ?

2. iprime thread starter macrumors member

^^ Thanks but do you think network congestion would be a problem? What about call quality? I am switching from sprint because the speeds are unacceptable (0.6-0.8 mbps) on my 4S

3. Calavera macrumors member

I'm getting a solid 5.5 Mbps down and 1.10 Mbps up throughout north Houston on my new 4s. I never had call issues but most of my cell conversations are pretty short all the time.

4. Los macrumors regular

I live in the northern parts of Houston and I've never had a problem with AT&T since I've been with them for years. I do have trouble getting signal in some stores though, but it may be the store and not AT&T since it only happens with some.

Speed and call quality are great, not one dropped call even with the iPhone 4. :p

5. iprime thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I will be ditching sprint today. Pathetic speeds so far. I don't stream movies/music that much to make use of unlimited data anyways. 2Gb is enough. Does anyone know if I would be charged anything (data usage?) if I return my phone within 3 days ?