iPad How is Chromecast on an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by slopokdave, Dec 22, 2014.

1. slopokdave macrumors regular

I've never owned an iDevice since the release of Chromecast. We have 3 in the house and use them everyday. Is there anything that you can't cast on Chromecast from an ipad that you can on an android tablet? Thanks!

2. Closingracer macrumors 68030

I find it works every way as an android device will

3. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Chromecast works pretty well when the iOS app supports it. But I wish there was some way to cast any iOS app directly to your Chromecast, something like Android Lollipop allows one to screencast.

So for example iOS versions of HBO Go, Netflix, and YouTube work great with Chromecast. But iOS versions of DirecTV, Comedy Central, PBS, NFL Network, and ESPN don't.

4. matraco macrumors regular

I was interested in chromecast until i found it doesnt mirror the ipad on the TV. Apple TV being the only option for now.

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I used mine a month ago when I was a t a friends house. It works pretty flawless with any iDevice you may have. It works just the same as an Android device.

----------

I made the mistake of buying a Chromecast and found out that it wouldn't work on my dorm. I was hurt lol. I really wanted to it to work since I can't afford an Apple TV right now.

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

I have two chromecasts yet both irritate me like sometimes I cast something from Netflix. I go back into the app later to turn the episode off and it thinks I am not casting while I actually am so I can't turn the episode off or pause it. it even plays the next episode when I turn off the iPhone I cast from. like how????

I have to unplug the chromecast for it to stop casting sometimes. that's what happens when the device has no interface on its own I guess

7. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I have a chromecast and for me the problem is, there simply aren't enough ios apps being built to support it. I'm hoping for an app that mirrored anything displayed on the iDevice.

I got it for dirt cheap but so far it's only used to stream YouTube on the bedroom TV. Since selling my iPad 3 and 30pin to hdmi AV adapter, I'm looking for options to stream/mirror KODI from my iPad Air 2.

I'm now reluctantly looking at purchasing an Apple TV 3 since the cost is only £20-25 more than buying a Lightning to HDMI adapter! but I'm hesitant as I feel there is an Apple TV 4 on the horizon.

8. matraco macrumors regular

EZcast apparently supports mirroring now, anyone tried it?