How is dictation working for you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrAkD, Oct 18, 2011.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I find myself dictating every text message, Email and status update. most of the time I dont have to fix anything once and awhile I have to fix small things. Loving the 4S! have any other 4S owners been using the hell out of the dictation and Siri features?

2. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I use it quite frequently (if I'm not in public lol). It is a lot easier to just dictate what you want to say than actually type it (most of the time). Siri doesn't mess up often enough for it to be a nuisance, for me at least. My friends and family have been curious why I have been spelling out words and not abbreviating them lol. It's because of Siri :D

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Dictation's awesome. I'd say it's 95% accurate. It's a great time-saver!

4. 00trayn macrumors member

I'm addicted to it. I'll dictate all my texts as long as I'm not in a place where it's not appropriate (I share an office with someone so I can't exactly dictate the messages to my boyfriend, haha). But it is incredibly accurate, I'm impressed. It's such a time saver and definitely my favorite feature on my new phone!

5. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

It works very well for me, I'm impressed. I wish my ipad2 had it as I'm hooked!

6. 00trayn macrumors member

Is this dictation feature only iphone 4S or is it iOS5? My boyfriend has an iPhone 4 and still needs to upgrade to iOS5 and he was inquiring if he'll have the feature too.

7. pdqgp, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

It's been one of the best features for me. Siri is great and I can see using dictation for Emails and Text Messages nearly all the time now. In my use it's 98% better in accuracy in the past few hours of having fun with it :)

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

4S only

9. mds macrumors 6502

Yeah, it is fantastic. I've always tried this feature on other phones with miserable results. Dictation is great and WAY better than typing a message. Siri, of course, is killer too.

10. 00trayn macrumors member

Thanks, he'll be bummed. He has that Dragon Dictation app tho.

11. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

It gets everything right most of the time. It has been learning how to spell the words I say better and better. My girlfriends name is spelled differently and it caught on quickly. I like how if you say "Smiley face" or "Frown Face" it inserts :) or :(. It is a very awesome deal if you ask me.