How is everyone opening and closing their disk drive when on windows?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BeyondMountains, Jan 20, 2010.

1. BeyondMountains macrumors 6502

I know we can goto my computer click eject disk and then close it manually.

Is there anyway to do this? Is there a way to route the disk open/close button on the kb to work?

lets try this again

2. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I don't know how to get the eject button to work in Windows. I assume you are using Bootcamp to boot natively into Windows, which I don't use anymore... there isn't a Bootcamp driver to enable this key in Windows? If you are using Parallels or Fusion you can disconnect the DVD drive (Fusion has a small icon of a disc in the lower right of the window) which will place it back on the OSX desktop and then the eject button will work.

I create shortcut icons for all of my Windows drives and put them down the right side of the screen like OSX does. Then I can just right-click and eject from there. It is faster than going to My Computer but probably not as fast as having a key to do it.

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

It does not matter whether the Windows partition is created with the BootCamp assistant or not.
    Just install the BootCamp drivers from your OS X DVD and you're good to go.
    Eject works just as well as brightness, volume and the audio controls, even on the newest Windows version.

4. BeyondMountains thread starter macrumors 6502

i guess it is my logitech keyboard then. it doesnt have drivers for windows 7 :mad: