HomePod How is HomePod For Phone Calls??

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Coffee50, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Coffee50 macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried or regular use the HomePod for phone calls? I saw the new update includes a note the about group calls.

I've never thought to try an actual phone call. I guess I assumed the caller would be as loud Siri is.....so I forgot about it.

Anyway curious to hear from those who have used it for phone calls. How is the quality? Volume? (Assuming this can be controlled as if it were music)

Thanks!

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 68040

tromboneaholic

Works just like you would expect a speakerphone to work. With recent updates you can just say "hey Siri, call [person's name]," and it calls them directly without you needing to do anything. Volume can be adjusted by telling Siri to set it to a certain percent, raise/lower it, or by touching the +/- controls.

3. Coffee50 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!!

4. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

Works great, I use this feature daily for facetime and regular calls!

5. zea macrumors member

Yep. I love getting a call on my iPhone and immediately transferring it to the HomePod and I can talk throughout the house and they can hear me clearly and I can hear them clearly.

6. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

No need to transfer the call, you can make and receive calls directly now through the HomePod. It's awesome.

7. yass31 macrumors member

The HomePod doesn't ring when you get a phone call, but just by saying "hey Siri answer my iPhone" it does the trick.

8. MacintoshDan macrumors 6502

9. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I didn’t realise you could do that. Just tried it. Really neat

10. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

and to hang-up the call just say "Hey Siri, hangup." I use it daily for this.