iPhone How is how to downgrade from iOS 6 to 5.1.1 without SHSH blobs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by php111, Dec 15, 2012.

1. php111 macrumors regular

I'm the person asks my questions over and over again until I get the answer I'm looking for. No one who had those answers. I had answers from here and eIC that it's not possible. It is possible, but as long as that person was once had a working jailbreak using Cydia before. I had it, but I upgraded to iOS 6.0.1. This is how you go back to iOS 5.1.1 without SHSH blobs, and yes, I swear it works. Trust me.

First jailbreak the iOS 6.0.1 using the iOS 6.0 IPSW, and I used redsn0w for that. I did it the iOS 6 tethered by selecting the iOS 6.0 IPSW. Once done following this link I'm going to post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=_OeBUKMbcrY

That's it.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

First problem with that is that the user's blobs on on Cydia. If they were not, it wouldn't work. Apple has gotten very smart about this and there is no way to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 without going to iOS 4.X first. SHSH blobs are needed. They are a very hardset requirement and only Apple's signed copies will work. They cannot be generated out of thin air.

3. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

I got it to work fine without problems, and I didn't have my blobs saved.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This is NOT doing it without SHSH BLOBs. It's doing it WITH SHSH BLOBs that were saved on the Cydia server. And whether this will work depends entirely on what device and firmware you are currently on.

6. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's right. I didn't know how to save them manually, so I did a remote fetch off the Cydia server. I have the iPhone 4, so a while ago I upgraded, and didn't have a JB, and those instructions helped get a JB again.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

So you did have your blobs saved. Just because you never saved them or jailbroke your phone, doesn't mean that someone else saved them. They can be saved without jailbreaking.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

OP change your title, you downgraded with automatically saved blobs on Cydia.
    So no it does not workwithout blobs.

In redsn0w you can choose, local or remote SHSH's, you used the remote ones, without those it is not possible

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Give credit to Jay Freeman (Saurik) and Make it easy feature in Cydia ;)