How is iOS 9 on iPhone 6 / 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by M.Rizk, Jun 9, 2015.

1. M.Rizk macrumors regular

M.Rizk

I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus running on iOS 8.4 latest beta. The device is lagging and I have to reboot it a lot.

I am wondering how is iOS 9. Is it running better than iOS 8 on iPhone 6 Plus, or worse. I know iOS 9 is still in Beta, actually Dev Beta but it shows signs of how the final OS will look like.

I hate nothing more than lag, because of how buggy iOS 8 was on iPad Air I decided to leave mine on 7.1.2. Same for my iPhone 5S it's still on iOS 7.

I would rather not have a new feature, even if it's a major one over having a laggy device to deal with.

2. aide199 macrumors member

I installed IOS 9 beta 1 on my 6 Plus as soon as the links went live - I had it installed until 7pm today and I can quite honestly say It's the worst beta of an iPhone OS that I've ever installed.

Countless reboots
    Battery performance was shocking and I mean shocking.
    A number of apps not working (yes I know its a beta)
    Really slow boot uptime

I've now gone back to IOS 8.3........however I also have IOS 9 installed on my iPad Air 2 (seems to be working fine at the moment)

I hope to god that major improvements are made in the new beta's!

3. Zorba macrumors regular

Zorba

The beta runs very smoothly on my iPhone 6 (same goes for my iPad Mini 2). All apps I use work but it does suffer from battery drain. But keeping my mobile battery close I don't mind :)

4. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

Nothing too bad for me except the abysmal battery drain... My poor 6 Plus! xD look at this!!! image.jpg

5. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Yikes. I'm very tempted to install it on my iPhone 6, but not with battery drain like what's been posted. I'll stick with using it on my iPad mini for now.

6. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

I find charging to take a lot longer than normal.

I've also lost the ability to connect to the wifi in the office even after performing a network reset. I may end up going back to 8.3 until they release another beta.

7. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

For only being the first beta release, and it only being in people's hands for 48 hours, it's running surprisingly well on my iPad Air 2. But it seems the general consensus for iPhones is to stay away from this beta for a daily driver.

Also, I might be crazy, but my iPad is heating up significantly in the bottom right hand side. Like as I hold it now, typing this, I can feel the aluminum heat up more than it has in the past few months I've owned it.

8. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

How is the mini 2 running on 9 compared to 8? Bad frame drops still with keyboard and control center?

9. af21187 macrumors 6502

Installed the 9.0 beta on Monday, went back to 8.3 on Tuesday. I used my iPhone 6. My wife also used her 6 Plus for it, same story.

Battery life is absolutely terrible. I mean, atrocious.
    Charging time is hot garbage.
    Animations look great and seem smooth.
    Buggy as usual for a x.0 Beta 1.

10. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

A little piece of me dies inside when folk ask what the battery life is like with the first beta version...

11. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

The yellow battery? New feature? Does that change when the battery is, what, 40% to 20%?

12. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

No, that's for Low Power Mode~

13. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Ditto. And Siri rarely works for me. Going back to 8.4 beta something.

14. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Tested on my 6+. It runs better in some areas and worse in others. I'm going on vacation soon and it isn't stable enough for me to risk using right now. Animations are smooth (and maybe faster) in some areas, but there is definitely lag around. I have hope that this will the be OS we've been looking for.

15. ZomBee, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

ZomBee macrumors member

ZomBee

I'm actually not having many problems. No battery issues. No lagging. Most things work smoothly. Instagram gives an issue when typing more than one line in comments (can't see the rest) and one of my favorite games crashes. Other than that, no real issues so far. I even had to check to make sure the upgrade took. Lol

16. ZomBee macrumors member

ZomBee

17. Loismustdie1 macrumors member

Loismustdie1

Battery life on my iPhone 6 is absolute **** but runs like a dream on my iPad Mini 3. Otherwise it's surprising stable with a few hiccups here and there. It's a beta so I knew what I signed up for.

18. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

So no battery problems or laggy/stutter on iPad Air 2? How is the multitasking? I'd like to try it on my Air 2 as a daily driver.

19. DisneyEcho macrumors member

DisneyEcho

I have not installed it on my iPhone 6 Plus yet. Is this bug report true?…
    "No sound in phone calls on iPhone 6 Plus."

That big is in the list on this forum's
    iOS 9.0 Beta 1 Bug Fixes and Changes

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

21. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

There's stutter/lag, but not enough to complain. The battery drain is bad, but since it's an iPad I can still go all day. Oh, and the multitasking is surprisingly fluid for a beta 1. I'm pretty happy with it.

22. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

Just installed it and i can also say the battery percentage is dropping a bit faster than usual. Runs good though!

23. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

Am I the only one experiencing some serious system wide lag (at times)? Touch registering seems to have a slight delay

24. batting1000 macrumors 604

Not serious lag, but I was seeing some dropped frames, such as when pulling up Control Center