iPhone How is iOS handled in enterprise environments?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by creativedogmedia, Mar 11, 2014.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Part owner of a company that manages procurement for some fortune 250 companies. One issue one of the companies is having is when an employee is terminated and has used their own Apple ID on a particular device, the enterprise can no longer use the device? It's tied to that persons Apple ID, right? Would something like AirWatch or MobileIron allow the enterprise to address this as termination takes place?

2. maricc macrumors regular

If you've got a mac, you can use the apple configurator software from the mac app store.

3. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

But they must have been deployed using Apple Configurator before being to turn that off, right?

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Anyone who has physical access to the device can install a configuration profile.

I suggest that each employee be asked to temporarily surrender "their" devices so you can instal the profile. Also, let them know they are forbidden from removing, tampering with, or bypassing the profile.

5. tdar macrumors 6502a

This is one of the many reasons that I as an IT professional am totally against BYOD. Now from your comment I would believe that your issue is not of a BYOD nature, as from your post, I read that the device belongs to the company. If that's the case, the answer is simple. It is a terminable offence to install your personal ID's, apps or email accounts to the companies iPhone. If employees want to use these- go get your own iPhone.