How is ipad2 selling for so much?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Italianblend, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I just looked at eBay and I'm surprised that iPad 2s are selling for $320+ considering they are used and apple is selling new ones for $400 same model. I wasn't going to get an ipad3 unless I could sell my 2 for $300+. It's the basic model and is in great shape. Do you think I could get this for it?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

eBay isn't known to have the most astute and aware buyers. It takes a day or two for the eBay market to catch up w/ reality. Very few people realize the iPad 2 price has been cut b/c all the news has been about the "new iPad".

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Apple products will still demand good prices even when eclipsed by a newer model.

Beware of looking for the lowest price as there are plenty of scammers out there.

4. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

$320 is still $100 less than apple after taxes. Why should someone get more than $100.00 off a used iPad?

5. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

I think iPad 2 prices are going down pretty quickly, it kinda got two hits: the new iPad and the price cut. So it's a safe bet it's going under 300$ soon (used of course )

6. OSMac macrumors 65816

Checking the local forsale ads, 100's of iPad 2's listed yesterday.
    Why do people wait till the event is over?

Prices will fall...

7. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Well, I waited simply because I wanted to see what the new one would be. I am not dead set on getting a 3, and if I can't get $300 then I'm going to wait. I would like a better display, but in no way do I need one. Going to see if any friends or family want to buy it.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Oh just for starters:
    • Warranty expires in two days on launch-day ipad2s
    • Wear & tear on the casing/screen devaluing it
    • Battery starts out a year old
    • Home button has seen a year's worth of usage

More importantly, refurbs are $350 plus tax; new outer shell, new battery, full one year warranty.

So paying $50 more get me full warranty, like-new condition, new battery.

9. riveting macrumors 6502

On my local classified. The cheapest I'v seen for asking price of ipad 2 is $380 even after the new price drop, most still ask for $450 or more. I am in Canada though. The 13% tax in Ontario may add some of the second hand price.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Same here in the Southeast US.

But remember - just 'cuz they list it for a high price doesn't mean they'll get the price. You don't know what they end up settling for or if they've sold it. The ones who list a good price and do sell it quickly tend to delete the ad to quit getting emails.