How is it working this time around?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jessica Lares, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Okay, so I have pre-ordered my iPhone, am getting it on the day it comes out. I passed the social security check. So, I'm good to get it for $199 apparently.

How is it working this time around, does anyone know? I got the first one when it originally came out. I just asked for it and they gave me the box, I paid, then I left. Is there anything different from that since they've started forcing the plans upfront? Do I have to activate my device THERE when I go on the day? I got the cheapest deal, how much am I going to have to pay upfront if I do?

2. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Once you receive your phone, you will plug it into iTunes and walk thru the activation process. No need to go into the store for that...thank goodness. ;)

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

When you accept the phone your contract is new and extended. You take your iPhone 4 home to activate on iTunes. The Apple people might even do it there but it is YOUR choice.

4. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Okay, so they're not going to make me sign a contract then and there on the day, are they? They'll just give me the box which I pay for and leave? Is the whole gimmick that I just have to be approved?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

you don't sign a physical contract when you activate it with Itunes and buy it you agree to the 2 year. Honestly for me it a one year contract. they let me out of my 2 year so I can buy again. I'm on 450 min Unlimited data 200 SMS do I am a small fish in there pond. but in buying it at 199 you agree to the terms.

6. dagored macrumors 65816

OK labman can you help me?

I reserved two phones for pickup at the Apple Store. I have my confirmation emails. I am a Verizon customer out of contract. Free as a bird. What am I in for next Thursday?

I was told, they will do the setup in the store - family plan, port numbers, etc.

I did a test run on AT&T's site, numbers can be ported, credit is good. Not worried about that part.

How painful will this be. First iPhone.

7. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

So I can just buy it, they give me the box, and I leave? That's ALL I'm asking. Basically, I don't want to be approved, then go pick it up and them charging me $600 for some reason or another. Like, will they run a second credit check?

8. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

^^ I just want a clarification to my question then I'll shut up.