how is iTunes 7.0.1 for PC?

tacoboy42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
i had alot of issues with 7 and downgraded back to the last version of 6. have all the bugs been sorted out yet or should i just stick with 6?

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Miami, FL
tacoboy42 said:
i had alot of issues with 7 and downgraded back to the last version of 6. have all the bugs been sorted out yet or should i just stick with 6?
A lot of the bugs have been patched. :)

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
The really obvious bugs seem to have been crushed. Apart from that it depends on what you have I suppose. My friend was complaining that iTunes 7 runs like a turtle but that's on an old ~3ghz Pentium 4 with 512MB of RAM. I've no problems with execution speed on either Core Duo, AMD X2 or Xeon 5160's all with 2Gb or more of RAM.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Sesshi said:
My friend was complaining that iTunes 7 runs like a turtle but that's on an old ~3ghz Pentium 4 with 512MB of RAM.
It's definitely a ram hog, though it uses a LOT less RAM when minimized. I have it on a similarly specced PC and am considering a RAM boost.

B

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
balamw said:
It's definitely a ram hog, though it uses a LOT less RAM when minimized. I have it on a similarly specced PC and am considering a RAM boost.

B
I was not aware of that. If true, that is VERY useful information. I think I will test it tonight. Of course I will only be able to do so much since I am using USB1.1

tacoboy42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
i have a P4 3gz with 1gb of ram i like to run it maximized but want to be able to do other things like photoshop and have it open in the background if im playing games