How is iTunes Match able to match songs that don't appear in the iTunes Store?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by logicstudiouser, Oct 21, 2015.

1. logicstudiouser macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

I recently updated iTunes Match with a couple albums I added to my library that are not on the iTunes Store, and almost all the tracks matched. How is it possible that songs that don't appear in the iTunes Store match?

2. Tech198 macrumors G4

i don't think its possible unless they matched to wrong version..

if they don't match, they would otherwise be uploaded.

another possibility, is if they don't appear in Store, its Apple music u'r using ? Since Apple music has it own catalog.

3. Rigby macrumors 601

Apple probably has a lot more music files on their servers than are offered in the store, for example because they are only licensed for sale in the stores in other countries.

4. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I have had this happen many times and they are always the correct versions that are matched. Like mentioned above, Apple has many tracks that aren't currently for sale in the store but that they still contain in their library. I think they did have them for sale at one time. It's just like when TV shows get pulled from the store. They still show up in your purchases but they can no longer be bought.

5. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

apple music store in other countries...