How is Mavericks Running on your Mid 2010 13inch MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rocknblogger, Nov 15, 2013.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I'm going to be upgrading a client's Mid 2010 13" MBP to 8GB of RAM and a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD. She has Lion 10.7.4. She wants to know if it's a good idea to upgrade to Mavericks. I haven't had experience with this exact model so I'm reaching out to you guys.

Does your MBP run as fast, faster or slower on Mavericks?
    Has it been stable?

Thanks!!!

2. Furifo macrumors 6502

I'm on a Mid-2010 13" MBP. My specs:
    -2.4ghz C2D
    - 4GB ram
    - Crucial M4 -> Getting around 267mb read / 178mb write. I think that should be similar to yours as it is pretty much the max SATAII can reach.

My experience from 2010:
    - Snow Leopard: Fantastic, speedy, great battery life. Loved it.

- Lion: Slow, buggy, awful battery life. Hated it.

- Mountain Lion: Slightly better, less bugs, better battery life, slightly smoother

- Mavericks: Fantastic! My machine feels very snappy, battery life has greatly improved since lion/ML days. I especially like how smooth scrolling is in safari. Mavericks feels like Snow Leopard did when I first got this machine.

Your experiences may differ from mine but my computer is running like a champ with mavericks. I've been very impressed with it and have had 0 issues. My advice would be to upgrade + enjoy!

3. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Thank you!! That's good to hear. I have a 2013 rMBP and I've been very happy with Mavericks also. Just wanted to hear from someone who has the exact model she does.