• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

ozbilge10

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
I got an ipad air a week ago. I had never used an ipad before, so its battery life looked fine to me. But I've seen people who say they got over 12 hour of battery life. Is there something wrong with my ipad? It also crashes a lot while using app store and other apps.

I couldn't add photo, so I'm gonna write what it says;
Usage- 9 hours and 44 minutes
Standby 1 day 19 hours

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
What percentage do you have remaining with those stats? Seems pretty good to me. The others who get crazy amounts of usage are likely playing music, doing something with the screen off, or have charged it partially since it was last fully charged.

Comment

ozbilge10

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
What percentage do you have remaining with those stats? Seems pretty good to me. The others who get crazy amounts of usage are likely playing music, doing something with the screen off, or have charged it partially since it was last fully charged.

I forgot to write that, sorry :) it was %12

Comment

JGWolven

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2013
I got an ipad air a week ago. I had never used an ipad before, so its battery life looked fine to me. But I've seen people who say they got over 12 hour of battery life. Is there something wrong with my ipad? It also crashes a lot while using app store and other apps.

Standby 1 day 19 hours

Sounds about right where it should be.

Comment

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012

Standby 1 day 19 hours

That seems about normal to me. Just depends on what is running. If youre listening to music all the time then youll get a much longer battery life than someone who is using apps and playing games. Im getting around 9 hours usage and 2 days standby

Comment

ozbilge10

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
Then that's spot on.

Thank you! You made me feel comfortable :)

----------

That seems about normal to me. Just depends on what is running. If youre listening to music all the time then youll get a much longer battery life than someone who is using apps and playing games. Im getting around 9 hours usage and 2 days standby

I mostly used safari, watched a couple youtube videos, played some fifa14 and that's simply what I did.

Comment

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2013
I charged my air a few days ago and have been using mainly safari, few YouTube videos, email, some music streaming.

This is my usage
image.jpg

Still have 13%!

This thing never dies!!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.