How is my battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vega07, Sep 17, 2007.

1. vega07 macrumors 65816

I believe that my refurb iphone's battery life is below average. I know that rating the iphone's battery life is very subjective and varied depending on the kind of usage, but rate mine anyways. :D

I get around 3 hours of internet usage and two days of stand by time before the phone shuts off. Reading some other posts, mine ranks quite below average.

Also I have a problem with my usage counter. After I fully charge the iphone, the usage counter would work but an hour or two later, it would be become blank and tell me to fully charge my iphone to see the usage counter.

Some additional info: This morning, after a full charge, I used the internet for around one to one and a half hours and after around 12-15 hours of standby time, the battery is around 50%.

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I have a very simple answer: If it bothers you, call Apple.

Seriously.

3. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

I wouldn't know if it bothers me until I get answers from other people. :p

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I usually go about 2 days between charges with normal use.
    For instance, I charge from Sunday night until Monday morning.
    By late Tuesday night, I get at or close to the 20% warning, and charge from Tuesday night to Wednsday morning and so-forth.

5. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Seems pretty normal, I think I get a little longer but I always have wifi turned off unless I know I can get wifi.

But still, pretty normal. I usually get 5-6 hrs of usage which is prob about 2 hrs calls, 4 hrs internet.

6. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

can someone comment my usage counter? is that the way it is supposed to behave?

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

8. alljunks macrumors regular

how did u get such long stand by hrs??

9. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

that's definitely better than mine.

10. overcast macrumors 6502a

2 days worth of standby and 5-6 hours usage. Basically charging everything 2nd night.

11. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

that's not normal. it sounds like what the usage counter does after a reset. silly question but have you reset it (hold down home and power button until you get the apple symbol?)?

If not, that's worth taking to a genius bar or calling apple. sounds like it might be resetting itself.

and your battery sounds a little low but some more information is needed: do you use wifi, bluetooth, how strong is your signal, what brightness are you set at?

12. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

No, the usage counter is not supposed to reset...HOWEVER, if you are using installer.app or summerboard, and install/update any application and it resets springboard, it will reset the usage counter and you will have the (-) lines for your usage.

They are aware of this bug and are working on it.

Also, did you know if you turn your phone off, the standby counter continues to count...but obviously it is not using any battery. So technicallly I could get a 1 month of standby if I had my phone off the entire time.

13. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahhhh...I see. I have been fooling around with installer.app. Perhaps that is why.

14. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

My signal is usually 4-5 bars. I'm using an unlocked phone with T-mobile. My brightness is usually set at 30-40% with auto-brightness on. Talk time around one hour. Internet usage around 1-2 hours. No bluetooth. And I always turn off wifi when unnecessary.

15. nerdeus macrumors member

Here is my stats:

Usage: 7hrs 6min
    Standby: 1 Day, 10 hrs.

I go on Safari using EDGE an average of 15-20 min. I use YouTube avg 5-10 min. I only turn on Wi-fi about 10 min. Never use Bluetooth. auto-brightness on. And I lock whenever I don't use it.

Is this "good" battery life? I am having to charge every night. I got my 4gb iPhone exactly 1 week ago. Should I contact Apple? I'm not sure! please help

16. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

wow. i get about 3-4 hrs of usage and 22 or so hours of standby before i have to plug it in. i've never gotten 2 days of standby if i use the phone. people are getting great battery lives!

right now my battery is already not 100% and i've got 16m of usage and 2 hours and 6 minutes of standby.

17. alljunks macrumors regular

when will apple come out with high capacity battery for the iphone...

18. one1 macrumors 65816

never, it's soldered in place so no user serviceable replacement will be offered.