How is Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Chone, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

My PS3 is finally arriving on Monday and I've been playing my PS2 in anticipation, one of the games I fired up was Ratchet & Clanked Up Your Arsenal and man it's an awesome game.

Is Tools of Destruction more of the same? Is it better than UYA? What makes it different? What's new about it? How is the humor/charm in this one? Any new significant gameplay addition? Length and goodies? Multiplayer?

I've been reading reviews and it sounds great but it's always great to listen to actual people's opinions.

:)

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

You could call me an Insomniac fanboy... So I'd suggest you buy it. It's got new weapons, new story, and enough new things to make it great. And as a plus, the graphics are really impressive. And as usual, the humor is still there :D.

3. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

I'm (guessing) 3/4ths of the way through, and I've really enjoyed the game so far. It's one of the games that's reminded me why I enjoy playing video games.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's a good game, I really enjoyed it for the most part.

Some sections were a little trial by error for my liking (too old school, by now we should have forgotten that mechanic in our games but they still do it)...

I also recently bought Quest For Booty on BR at my gamestop (never seen it on disc before and it was actually 11.99 which is 3 euro's cheaper than it is on the PSN marketplace....)

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yes go pick it up...its a really cool game also get Quest for Booty from the PSN.

Bless

6. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Agreed! both are quite enjoyable :)

7. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I got this game as a gift and it isn't one that I would regularly buy BUT I am LOVING it.

It's a lot of fun. I'm half way through so far. Great graphics, smooth gameplay, cool gadgets n' gizmos plus it utilizes dual shock and rumble.

8. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

I'm disappointed its not one of Sony's "Best Sellers" selection. I think I'll wait for that and pick it up then.

9. evan g macrumors regular

I love that game and it is more of the same, and that's not a bad thing.

Winning formula.

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I want to play this game, but I am also waiting for it to reach Best Seller status.