How is sprint service with the iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Momo22, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Momo22 macrumors newbie

I am thinking about switching to sprint would like to know how the services.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It depends on your area.

I've heard good things about Texas, although it took Sprint a while to get there. Phoenix, my market, is different. Coverage is spotty. I get good LTE at work (although they only turned the power up earlier this year) but I can't make a call at home.

In between is 3G or slow LTE or fast LTE depending on where you are. I can stream music to and from work in my car now, where I couldn't do that a year ago.

But, public safety is taking an extraordinarily long time to get off 800mhz, so Band 26 is somewhat limited around here and I have only connected to Band 41 once that I know of. The rest is Band 25 and the network is congested.

We ported out to T-Mobile last weekend. Not being able to make calls was the final straw - and it just kept getting worse at home.

3. kellte2 macrumors regular

Depends on where you live. I was with Sprint for over 14 years and just left for AT&T. The difference in service is night and day. Sprint was terrible and no amount of savings would make it worth it.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I have friend who are on Sprint and they talk about lack of coverage sometimes. With ATT I can not remember not having service everywhere.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

16 years here. We only get T-Mobile 4G at home but at least we can make a phone call and hold the call. Sprint was having call failures and dropping our calls in and out.

I've hear T-Mobile has big plans for my area within the next few months, which is great because usually T-Mobile's soon is not the same as Sprint's Soon™ which can mean years from now - if ever.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

AT&T is larger than Sprint - ergo they have more towers, therefore more coverage.

Where Sprint does have good coverage in a mature market with CA (Carrier Aggregation) and Spark (Bands 25, 26 and 41) fully functioning, speeds and service can be amazing.

Unfortunately, those markets are few right now and I'm not in one of them.

7. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Never had a problem with sprint. Most of the time I'm connected with WiFi at home but when I'm not the service seems fine to me.

8. steveh552 macrumors regular

I am in Columbus Ohio and I never really had issues with them for calls. Having said that on data, even at times when I was on LTE I would only get 1-6mbs down and maybe .02-.04 up. The final draw for me was when they were doing tower work one night and shut the whole network down in our area and I could not make an emergency call, it was not 911 but it was quite important and could not. I have switched to T-Mobile and could not be happier. I get 70mbs down quite often and coverage is great. The one time they had a network issue, I connected to my wifi and used wifi calling and had no problems. Now that they are getting band 12 it can only improve.

9. numb3rmonkey macrumors member

numb3rmonkey

You will get the best Sprint coverage nearest a highway. The further you are from the highway you get 3G dialup speeds. Here in Dallas I can get Sprint Spark around I-635 and it's fast. I actually live less than a mile from the George Bush Turnpike and I get abysmally slow LTE inside my house.

[​IMG]

10. CEmajr macrumors 601

I would do a combination of coverage checks for your area.

Check Sprint's coverage maps on their site
    Check Sensorly's coverage maps for Sprint
    Then check Rootmetrics for your metro area.

That should give you a good idea of how they perform in your area. My biggest gripe with Sprint (at least in the Charlotte metro) is their data speeds. They are much slower than the other 3 here. T-Mobile slightly edges out Verizon as the fastest in my area, followed by AT&T, and then there's a large drop-off from the top 3 to Sprint. Plus Sprint tends to drop to 3G or 1x inside a lot of buildings here and those speeds are very painful and slow for 2015 standards.

While traveling you should be good most of the time for at least voice and text since they get to roam on most of Verizon's footprint.

11. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I live in Houston, Tx. And sprint works great for me everywhere I go. Even at home, where all I use is my cellular data since my wifi is terrible.

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Sprint has by far the worst coverage of the big 4, but depends where you live.

13. Momo22 thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in San Antonio, Texas. I was just looking at some pricing and things of that sort. Right now at my apartment T-mobile only gets 5mb up and 2 down.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Sucks where I live. Not sure about you though, as I don't live in San Antonio. :cool:

15. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

DON'T JOIN SPRINT!!!!! I was with sprint for over 10 years. The service has gotten worse every year. You may think your saving money but not being able to talk and surf the web at the same time sucked. When sprint first rolled out there Wimaxx 4G phones you were able to talk and use data simultaneously. The Now network now use a LTE called spark. It is fast at certain times of the day and then at other timed calls or no service. I left sprint for AT&T a year ago. If you want a cheaper carrier I would go with T Mobile. There service is better than sprint. You also will be able to talk and use data simultaneously.

16. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I have had day's of sprint service not working at all. Every day I had at least one drop call.When you call the reps. They tell you the same crap about a tower being down in your area but its every area I traveled. From Tomball to Galveston dropped calls. Everyone I know has left sprint but a few family members that have another phone already with another carrier. So when they have problems with sprint they use the other device and service.

Im glad you are having a good experience with sprint because I didn't.

17. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I sent this screenshot to a family member that finally left sprint. IMG_1097.jpg

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just so you are aware…Sprint only promised speeds between 3-6mbps upon full LTE buildout. Depending on your area it can be much faster but that's the speed they promised.

19. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

My average speeds are 20 down and 8-12 up. Been this way for a year and a half now