How is stock of iPhone 4 in Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mossme89, Jun 27, 2010.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

I'm going to running some errands later today, and was thinking about stopping by local apple store. It's like 10 minutes away and I need to get a replacement iPhone 4 because mine has a yellow band that is ugly and won't go away.

So how has stock been by you? Have you been able to get your phone replaced?

I know I can call, but they don't open for 2 hours and often don't have time to answer all the calls on busy weekends...

2. Skinfaxi macrumors member

I called my store just to check. They said they're getting a shipment around noon that will possibly contain phones. I've got the day off, so I'll be there.

3. uhhitsjames macrumors member

I read somewhere in the forums that they have phones to replace ones that have issues with them. So you don't need a store to have stock of phones for sale because they have individual phones that are meant for things like the yellow band that won't go away.

4. MVPinFLA macrumors 6502

I had my iPhone 4 brick that was delivered on the 24th replaced at an Apple store on Friday. I was concerned that they wouldn't have replacements yet; but thankfully they did.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Replacement stock is different from retail stock. Geniuses have new "no-box" phones to replace defective units. Check w/ the ones at the store you will visit to see if they have replacement units available. They should.

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Will you post a screen shot?

7. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

A picture of one 'band' that looks almost identical to mine is in this thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=952089&highlight=

I called and they told me that it should fade. It's not horrible and is harder to see in brighter light, but I paid a lot for this phone and expect no blemishes like this, especially right out of the box.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Did you call the store or AppleCare? If the store refuses to replace I would def. call AppleCare. Worst case you get a case # so at least if they also refuse to replace you can come back to them in a week or so if it hasn't still disappeared. I would also pin them down on a time frame for when it's suppose to 100% fade away. One week OK, one month, unreasonable. I'm glad I switched mine out before the "fade away" line was established.