How is the Apple bumper?

Motionblurrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Hey guys

Any of you stuck it out with a Bumper for the entire year for the iPhone 4?

I'm considering the Apple bumper due to it being minimalistic/lightweight but without changing the iPhones appearance too much!

Is it worth it? Has anyone ever dropped it with it on? Smashed screens? Etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
I like it and would probably still use it if they didn't move the friggen buttons one millimeter from the 4 to 4S so it doesn't line up now, however, I got it for free. I would never spend $30 on one of those.

-my opinion

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I like it and would probably still use it if they didn't move the friggen buttons one millimeter from the 4 to 4S so it doesn't line up now, however, I got it for free. I would never spend $30 on one of those.

-my opinion
You could always try to cut it.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
They're good, have a look on eBay if you don't want to pay for the real ones, I got a fake one with a front and back protector for £2.45 and that included delivery..it's exactly the same as the official bumper but the buttons are plastic and not metal..but they look exactly the same though

randomerratum

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I really like the bumper for my iPhone 4 - it was one of the originals before they changed the material so maybe it's better now but it started loosen and fall apart up after a couple months... I'll admit that it took a bit of abuse.

I highly considered just replacing it because I prefer the design over other cases - but I also like switching things up every few months anyway.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I had the Apple bumper (black) and it is simply the best case in my opinion. The only reason I didn't replace it after I lost it was because of the $30.

It is the perfect size and the material/construction is great.

rasputinj

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I had the black one for a few months, I was worried about the glass on the back and ended up getting a encase case which covered the back. My wife has had a pink bumper on her work iPhone and it seems to be fine.

shifturmind

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2011
I got mine the day I got my 4S. This is my first iphone, but also the first one I have ever used any kind of case. All my droids and crackberry's were all naked. I like the bumper bc of its minimalist design. Its usually just the corners that get the crap knocked out of them anyway.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Also, the naked iPhone can feel slippery and putting the bumper on gives it a nice grip so it feels like it is glued to your hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.