How is the ATi 2600 XT now?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by peejack, Apr 23, 2008.

1. peejack macrumors 6502a

How is this card now? after all the screen freezes and troubles it had, did the firmware update sort out all the problems??

2. echoout macrumors 6502a

I have definitely run my machine through the ringer for a couple months and have yet to have a problem. Mostly Flash, motion graphics and 3D work for what it's worth.

3. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great thanks for the response, nice to know the problems have been sorted out, as I will be buying another MP and will leave the ATi in this one as it will do me fine :)

4. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

I never had any issues. I did have a wake from sleep problem AFTER the firmware but something subsequent seemed to have fixed that. I run CS3, FCP, LR, Motion, Compressor- often multi-tasking and haven't felt the urge to upgrade to the Nvidia. I originally bought Octo with the ATI out of sheer impatience but it's done so well I'm happy with it, at least for now. I play a lot of EQ2 in BC as well, all settings on high and it screams.

5. Outsiderdude26 macrumors regular

No issues and works great with all of Apple Pro Apps.

6. relbbircs macrumors regular

I think after all our complaints they really did fix it. Anyway, I'm quite happy [strike that, I'm enormously happy because it saves me about 50% of the time I used to spend editing audio] with my third machine -- and Apple threw in a couple of nice benefits by way of apology, which I also appreciated!

(No sense saying what they were and nobody would believe me if I did. In future, however, my advice is that if you've got a serious problem complain about it on these forums to get the red carpet treatment.)

7. itou macrumors regular

*knock on wood* my ati card has had no problems.
    i bought it back in february when they had a sea of problems but mine's been holding up very well. i hope it stays that way!