How is the battery life on the 7 compared to the 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vistokid, Sep 28, 2016.

1. vistokid macrumors 6502

I've got both a 7 and 7 Plus on order. I'm coming from a 6s and the battery life was HORRIBLE for me.

For those of you who got the regular 7, how is the battery holding up? I know they said 2 more hours than the 6s but is that for real?

2. McBeresford macrumors regular

McBeresford

Its not that significant of an improvement.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Bought three iPhone 7 Plus models upon release for family members.

Four of us chose to continue enjoying our 6S Plus models. Battery life comparisons with very similar usage reveals slightly better battery life from the 6S+. Yet it's not enough to make a big difference, just interesting that they're nearly identical.

4. vistokid thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting. So you kept your 6s? Didn't like the 7?

5. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

On the 4.7 iPhone 7, I have noticed a slight increase from my 6s. But I think the haptic home button is contributing to the battery drain in comparison.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Previously I upgraded my personal phone to the new iPhone model every year since the beginning. I also supply new iPhones for family members each year.

After following the development and rumors of iPhone 7, I decided it was not for me. However others in the family wanted iPhone 7 so I bought them. On release day I setup one of the newly delivered 7 models to test just for fun, before passing it on. After one week of use I was very pleased that my initial concerns were correct, saving me from being stuck with one until next year's phone is released.

The rather odd, buzzing Haptic button is annoying after relying on modern, fast, silent capacitive buttons many of my Android phones have. I've never liked the old school mechanical analog button Apple used for so long. But refusing to use the proven highly useful capacitive button is disappointing. However it's not surprising. Apple likes to brag about being different and this Haptic button is different alright.

The rest of the phone is fine, just not worth the time and trouble. I'll happily wait and see what next year brings.