How is the best stylus for iPhone 6S plus compared with the S-pen?

peterpan123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Hello, I have Galaxy Note 2 and Note PRO 12.2. I am considering to buy an iPhone 6S Plus to replace these devices. I do need a stylus as I like to write notes on the device and do annotation. With the new pressure sensitive of 6S Plus, I wonder how is the best stylus for this device compares with the S-Pen from Samsung?

rugmankc

Contributor
Sep 24, 2014
I haven't looked into that. But, doubt it will compare favorably. Maybe some Amazon type reviews may help. I believe it will only work on apps like Notes that support handwritng. All AFAIK--:)

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Isn't the Note series equipped with a WACOM digitizer? They're purpose built for the job where as an iPhone would be an afterthought since it's not designed specifically for that.

peterpan123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Since the iPad PRO has cellular LTE version and Apple has designed a pen for it, perhaps I should choose it rather than the iPhone?

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Since the iPad PRO has cellular LTE version and Apple has designed a pen for it, perhaps I should choose it rather than the iPhone?
I say get the Galaxy Note 5. I love the Note series from Samsung. I have a Galaxy Note 5 and love it....Nothing can replace the S-Pen as far as cell phones go. Maybe the iPad pro would solve this issue for you but give the Note 5 a try.

Beards

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Have to agree. If you want the feel factor and size of a phone but a stylus is essential then yes, go for a Note 5.
Apple don't come anywhere near to stylus interaction with their iPhones.

The iPad Pro with iPencil is another matter. If you don't mind the size, the new Pad Pro with pencil will knock the spots off the Note 5 stylus.