How is the best stylus for iPhone 6S plus compared with the S-pen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by peterpan123, Oct 27, 2015.

1. peterpan123 macrumors 6502

Hello, I have Galaxy Note 2 and Note PRO 12.2. I am considering to buy an iPhone 6S Plus to replace these devices. I do need a stylus as I like to write notes on the device and do annotation. With the new pressure sensitive of 6S Plus, I wonder how is the best stylus for this device compares with the S-Pen from Samsung?

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I haven't looked into that. But, doubt it will compare favorably. Maybe some Amazon type reviews may help. I believe it will only work on apps like Notes that support handwritng. All AFAIK--:)

3. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Isn't the Note series equipped with a WACOM digitizer? They're purpose built for the job where as an iPhone would be an afterthought since it's not designed specifically for that.

4. peterpan123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Since the iPad PRO has cellular LTE version and Apple has designed a pen for it, perhaps I should choose it rather than the iPhone?

5. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I say get the Galaxy Note 5. I love the Note series from Samsung. I have a Galaxy Note 5 and love it....Nothing can replace the S-Pen as far as cell phones go. Maybe the iPad pro would solve this issue for you but give the Note 5 a try.

6. Beards macrumors 6502

Beards

Have to agree. If you want the feel factor and size of a phone but a stylus is essential then yes, go for a Note 5.
    Apple don't come anywhere near to stylus interaction with their iPhones.

The iPad Pro with iPencil is another matter. If you don't mind the size, the new Pad Pro with pencil will knock the spots off the Note 5 stylus.