How is the connection between a LCD to your macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by laravia18, Oct 19, 2008.

1. laravia18 macrumors member

I want to buy a DVI to VGA cable for my connection but I wasn't sure if I needed an additional cable for sound. Has any one had any experience with the process? How is your picture? I wanted to know so I can have all the necessary cables.

My television is a Toshiba 26'' AV50U. It has a input for PC so I am sure this won't be a problem. If any one has any pictures they can share I would love to see them. This would probably give an idea on how my computer will look on my tv. Thanks very much for the replies in advance.

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

its very simple. i am assuming you have a newer generation macbook.

1) you need a mini dvi to vga adaptor.
    2) a regular vga cable.
    3) a speaker system which has audio-in or optical-in. you need to buy audio related cables seperately.

all can be found on apple.com, but infinitely cheaper at monoprice.com if you do not care about brand, yet still care about quality.

3. laravia18 thread starter macrumors member

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Gothamm is right about the cables you need. But instead of going to monoprice.com to buy individual cables, you can check out Amazon. They have some nice VGA cables that have an audio cable built-in.

Something like this. Of course, search for the cables with a bunch of reviews. Some VGA cables have very thin sheaths and are prone to a lot of interference.