Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
From their webpage the Zen looks pretty nice i have to admit. You may want to consider though that the lack of a click wheel may hinder its ease in going through your library. I haven't had any experience with current gen products but my friend had a Zen from 2 years ago or so and the quality of the build was very poor. It broke /lost function within a year of purchase under not very rough conditions.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Looks intriguing. Give it a try and then tell the rest of how it went so we dont have to be the guinea pig that you're so valiantly being! :D

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
A friend of mine had a ZEN a year or two ago. The build quality was poor, and the interface was absolutely horrible. I had a Creative MP3 player myself ages ago, and I had to get 3 replacements before I got a working one. My sister had the same player, her's broke one or two times. I try to stay away from Creative's MP3 players, but to be fair, my experiences are all more than a year old.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
I don't know a single person with a Creative player who hasn't had build quality issues. Everything from displays to hard drives failing.

They're also not as nice to use as iPods, so I'd advise to generally steer clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.