How is the Creative ZEN

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gloryofgreece, Feb 16, 2008.

1. gloryofgreece macrumors member

I am thinking about the creative zen player (the small one)...any thoughts?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Not really, just thoughts of despair.

Actually, they're supposed to be quite good now. May be worth a gamble.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

From their webpage the Zen looks pretty nice i have to admit. You may want to consider though that the lack of a click wheel may hinder its ease in going through your library. I haven't had any experience with current gen products but my friend had a Zen from 2 years ago or so and the quality of the build was very poor. It broke /lost function within a year of purchase under not very rough conditions.

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Looks intriguing. Give it a try and then tell the rest of how it went so we dont have to be the guinea pig that you're so valiantly being! :D

5. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

A friend of mine had a ZEN a year or two ago. The build quality was poor, and the interface was absolutely horrible. I had a Creative MP3 player myself ages ago, and I had to get 3 replacements before I got a working one. My sister had the same player, her's broke one or two times. I try to stay away from Creative's MP3 players, but to be fair, my experiences are all more than a year old.

6. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

^ Likewise, my friend's ZEN broke about a year ago.

7. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I don't know a single person with a Creative player who hasn't had build quality issues. Everything from displays to hard drives failing.

They're also not as nice to use as iPods, so I'd advise to generally steer clear.