How is the front screen durability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hawklight, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hawklight macrumors member

So I tried to install a Zagg skin on the cover of my phone and after getting it on I noticed a small piece of fabric somehow got under the adhesive side and I had to peel it off and long story short its now *********. How has the screen durability been so far for those going without cover? Im tempted to just say screw it with this phone and not put anything on it.

2. Hawklight thread starter macrumors member

3. tritonj macrumors 6502a

well i haven't taken any to my screen and don't plan to

i did talk with the guys at the apple store and they said they had tried to scuff it up and couldn't do it with, so take that for what it's worth

i'm pretty sure it is no less durable than previous screens and i've gone without a protector with no problems, but i'm also very careful with my phone and other devices

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I wonder this as well. We can pretty much already see the back is not so great. But i'd like more input on the front.

5. taskmanager macrumors regular

6. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Not risking it here, either. I plan on mummifying mine in Invisible Shields and then building an isolation chamber in which the phone will sit on a cushioned pedestal, only to be viewed for limited hours through a piece of 6" thick glass. :p

But seriously, it does seem super fragile. I'm going screen protector all the way.

7. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

It's not a $300 phone, it's a $700 phone where the subsidy only covers $400 of it.