How is the home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rywat, Jun 27, 2010.

1. rywat macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I currently use a 3GS, but my experience with all 3 versions of the iPhone has been the same. The home button bugs me. If I push it down in exactly the right spot it has a solid feel with a satisfying amount of travel and no audible "click". If I depress it slightly off center, either horizontally or vertically, it has a weaker feel with less travel and an annoying audible "click".

So I ask you, iPhone 4 owners, can you describe your home button to me please?

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

My 3GS had the "squishy" home button. I really missed my first gen iPhone. Much more responsive. I'd say the iPhone 4 is much like the first gen. Clicky.

3. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

its much more clickier and tactile than on iphone 3g or 3gs. its more like on the ipod touch, but even clickier than that.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Easy to push but not loose with an satisfying click when you press that you both feel and hear.

Feels more like the iPod touch home button than the previous iPhone's I've had.

6. Doju macrumors 68000

I'm interested too. I hope it's like my iPad, the home button has such a satisfying click to it. (Not to mention the millisecond you touch it you just fly to the iPad homescreen, but that I'm not so much expecting.)

I really like my iPad's. Would love it on my iPhone. It's much more tactile feeling.

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I'm glad it's pressier, like the original. I hate the way how it's not as pressable with less tactile feedback on the previous generations.

8. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

9. LittleRedBird macrumors member

Definitely "clickier" and much better. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. However, for what it's worth, my first 3GS had a very responsive home button. Apple had to replace it under warranty for another issue, and the second one I got had a not-so-responsive home button.

10. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Definitely clickier, similar to the iPad or the first gen iPhone. I missed the feel of the clicky home button! :p

11. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Feels much better than it did earlier. With previous iPhones it was hit or miss. Everyone's phone would feel a little different to me.

Having used two iPhone 4s, I can say that they both feel great.

12. Funnone macrumors regular

My iphone 4 is perfect! Had the "no click" home button on my 3GS took it to the apple store and they replaced it:)

13. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

How long will it last with all the pushes for multitasking?

I wonder

14. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

It is round, with a square icon.
    Works fine, just by depressing it.

15. Stiss macrumors 6502a

Let me just ask it.

*inaudible noises*

It's fine thanks for asking.

16. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Ohz noz, the button on my iPhone doesn't make the sound or feel like I want it to when I press it. My life is over. Oh dear... :rolleyes: