Other How is the in store pick up experience with an appointment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LGIR627, Sep 29, 2018.

1. LGIR627 macrumors member

I know this varies by store, but just curious if I should expect to be helped on time and able to get in and out quickly? I don’t need to open it or have them help me with anything. Picking up my XS max later today.

2. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

A few years back it took 30 minutes to go in and out. Mainly because they could not find my order in the backroom.
    This year I showed up right at my designated time and I was in and out in 20 minutes.
    Seamless and painless and much better than sitting around waiting for a UPS truck to show up and hoping you don't miss it.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Not sure when your pickup time is but best to avoid very early to avoid the lines of people waiting for the store to open. After that is better. Just show them your reservation on your phone and they will have a geek bring your device. Should no t take longer than 20 minutes.

4. clairmyk macrumors member

clairmyk

Depends on who you get really. Mine was a long time employee who seemed over all the iphone hype and didn’t care to make my experience nice. He also forgot that I wanted to purchase a case. Anyway, hope you have a smooth experience!

5. LGIR627 thread starter macrumors member

Just to update - I was in and out in less than 10 minutes!

6. Sparkymoto macrumors regular

On launch day. I had a pick up time at 10:30 am and was in and out in 10 min.

7. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

I picked up my watch the day after launch and my business was done in about 10 minutes and the store was packed