How is the Ipad Air 2 on the IOS 9 beta 1?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Matheew944, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Matheew944 macrumors regular

2. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

Safari cashed a couple of times, web pages were unresponsive a few times and had one reboot. Other than that it's running great.

3. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Mine is running even better than it was under iOS 8. I was hesitant to update it after experiencing extremely poor battery life on my iPhone 6, but my Air 2 didn't lose a single percentage point of battery after being unplugged on standby all night. Very impressed so far.

4. dojoman macrumors 65816

If Apple releases Beta 2 will I be able to update OTA or I would have to update with iTunes?

5. verniesgarden macrumors 6502a

verniesgarden

we'll let you know when Beta 2 comes out.

6. verniesgarden macrumors 6502a

verniesgarden

personally it rips through my battery, so much so that it was hard to get to charge enough to turn back on to downgrade

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Runs great for me! Search is completely broken and Podcasts/Music have several UI bugs, there have been far worse betas.

8. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I'm impressed considering it's the first beta. For me it runs better than the first 3 betas of iOS 7 did on my iPad 4. Battery life takes a hit, and it gets a little warm. I've had a few inconvenient issues with safari, but other than that it has been pretty good. The multitasking is awesome and has been working flawlessly for me.

9. Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

10. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

Other than one app that won't open (Rdio), I've had very few issues. The multitasking and other new features is definitely worth it in my opinion. I've been doing the beta thing since iOS 5, and this is the most stable beta 1 I have ever used.

11. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

My Air 2 gets insanely hot and battery drains super fast ... performance is decent but not as usable right now ....

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Pretty good considering it's a beta. Only "big" problem is it burns the **** out of my hands now. This thing gets HOT.

13. Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

14. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

iOS 9 on my iPad Air 2 cellular is fantastic. Battery life is noticeably better than before. Smooth performance throughout. Very, very stable. A very surprising beta. I installed it on my other devices. My wife noticed better performance and battery on her iPad 3. My 6+ works better than ever before.