how is the iPhone 4 doing with ios 7.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by stract, Apr 11, 2014.

1. stract macrumors member

Sep 13, 2013
    I have an unlocked iPhone 4, 32 GB. Still has iOS 6, though I was curious how it's handling iOS 7.1...

Will probably sell it when the new hotness comes out, would I get more $$ if I left iOS 6 on it?

To note, my primary phone is an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 (which I like), so the question is not a matter of like or preference, but rather one of performance.
  2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Dec 15, 2013
    New York
    Its doing pretty well but you need to remember its almost 4 years old.
  3. Altemose macrumors G3

Mar 26, 2013
    Elkton, Maryland
    You can sell it with 6 on it. That way it leaves the buyer with the decision based on what he or she likes. Personally, 6 runs better, but 7 is a new(er) operating system running on four year old hardware which has come a long way since then. We now have dual core or quad core cell phones going around. The iPhone 4 was the only single core iPhone to run 7.
  4. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

Jul 14, 2012
    Save the ios 6 shsh with ifaith and restore to ios 7 to see yourself and of you don't like it downgrade back.
  5. adamstraor macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2014
    as I'm experiencing my iPhone 4 with ios7.1, the personal hotspot is not working. I cannot connect my laptop to internet via my iphone4 after an updating to ios7.1
  6. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

Dec 23, 2012
  7. braddick macrumors 68040

Jun 28, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Keep the stock, un-jailbroken iOS6 as that is more desirable than 7.1 for the iP4. I know I'd be a buyer of it when you're ready to sell.
  8. dannymercer macrumors newbie

Apr 18, 2014
    It's better than previous iterations, according to my friends who still have it.

But, performance wise, still isn't a patch on the original iOS 6. Given the choice, swallow your pride and stick with 6.