how is the iPhone 4 doing with ios 7.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by stract, Apr 11, 2014.

1. stract macrumors member

I have an unlocked iPhone 4, 32 GB. Still has iOS 6, though I was curious how it's handling iOS 7.1...

Will probably sell it when the new hotness comes out, would I get more $$ if I left iOS 6 on it?

To note, my primary phone is an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 (which I like), so the question is not a matter of like or preference, but rather one of performance.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Its doing pretty well but you need to remember its almost 4 years old.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You can sell it with 6 on it. That way it leaves the buyer with the decision based on what he or she likes. Personally, 6 runs better, but 7 is a new(er) operating system running on four year old hardware which has come a long way since then. We now have dual core or quad core cell phones going around. The iPhone 4 was the only single core iPhone to run 7.

4. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Save the ios 6 shsh with ifaith and restore to ios 7 to see yourself and of you don't like it downgrade back.

5. adamstraor macrumors newbie

as I'm experiencing my iPhone 4 with ios7.1, the personal hotspot is not working. I cannot connect my laptop to internet via my iphone4 after an updating to ios7.1

6. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Keep the stock, un-jailbroken iOS6 as that is more desirable than 7.1 for the iP4. I know I'd be a buyer of it when you're ready to sell.

8. dannymercer macrumors newbie

It's better than previous iterations, according to my friends who still have it.

But, performance wise, still isn't a patch on the original iOS 6. Given the choice, swallow your pride and stick with 6.