How is the life on the MacBooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dav521, Apr 13, 2010.

1. dav521 macrumors newbie

So much criticism on the pricing guys...

When I bought my iMac in 2006, it was risky, but it has lasted till now. It works like new. That would not happened with my old HPs. I am forever a mac user now.

I was wondering, how long have you been a Mac user ? and those with MacBookPros, is the life on it still running like new ??

Just wondering because I will purchase my first MBP this Summer.
    Thanks. :)

2. lilo777 macrumors 603

Come on. Since early 2000s desktop computers never die (except for occasional HD failures). iMacs with their laptop components are probably some of the least reliable among desktops.

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I switched early 2007 partly because Apple switched to Intel chips. Been using them ever since, got dad to switch over also and a few other family members.

The iMac is a 2007 model and still runs great. The MBP I have is a Core Duo, 1st generation 17". Still runs.

My last Dell, that I bought in 2006, barely used it for 6 months and couldn't handle Windows Vista... It was maxed out (in its configuration) too.

4. benj07 macrumors member

I too have an 06 iMac and it's still working great!

I also have an 07 MacBook and it's still perfect for my needs. It obviously seems slower compared to newer models, but with proper care it has lasted.

5. dav521 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's good, I'm excited just to have MAC OSX on the go and fit my needs for school.

I hope they bring back the Free iPod offer again.

6. dav521 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the mid-2006 model, and it has intel too :).
    Sorry to hear about your dell :(

7. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

And of course, you've got stats to back up that claim? You wouldn't have just pulled that out of your ass, right? :rolleyes: