How is the overall layout

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by waloshin, Apr 2, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Is it too confusing

Site:

*Note this is just a test site not an open forum yet as its still under construction.

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I guess as long as you like white its good, emm you mite want to fix your link.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Ya, thats true and I am having trouble seeing the child boards so I was wondering if anybody know of any SMF themes that will look better, plese let me know.

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

You won't find copious support for SMF. I notice since your site is still under construction you might still be in the market for forum software. Run, don't walk, to vBulletin.com and pay the damned money and run the best forum software on the planet in that price range including any freeware competitor.

Not only are there tons of themes, best and most secure and stable code, but the features are the most modern and easiest to use, the most customizable including plugins you can download or write yourself that NEVER affect the core code. This means powerful addons with version control and upgrades of the vBulletin itself is quick and painless with no hacking involved.

And of course it used here on MacRumors, but that's not why I suggest it.

I don't work for them, I am just a long time BBS SysOp turned online forum admin who has used 'em all since the mid 1980's and I am a licensed vB user who appreciates the quality. Hard pitch over.

(If you're happy with what ya got, no need to defend your decision, just choose not to reply, I don't expect to convince everyone!!)

-jim

5. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

weird, I like SMF. vB is good too, but of course it costs money, but everyone has ther epreferences.

just a little note, I thought chrystler made jeep engines?

If anything, I would try to get a theme, looks very bland, generic looking since it's on the default skin.

6. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

What would vB bring to the table for $180.00 that SMF can't?

7. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I already mentioned the most important. For details, visit each page, check features and compare. It's up to you!

-jim