Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, how is the recent trade-in value for iPhone if I have a 15 Plus/Pro and trade-in for the new model this Fall or next Fall? For the MacBook Pro it is like 1/3 the price for the next model. Not sure about the iPhone. I need a new phone now. I like the big battery of the 15 Plus but most nice looking cases are for the 15 Pro and Pro Max only. The 15 Pro has smaller battery capacity. With the price of the Pro Max, I do not buy it.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
You will always get more money by selling it yourself on Swappa or eBay. Trade-in is the fast & easy way - but you pay for the convenience.

Reactions: toughkitty5

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Depends on where you trade it in. To get a rough idea at Apple, the iPhone 14 Pro Max is currently up to $630, and the 14 Plus is up to $420. Also, keep in mind that trade-ins usually don't care about storage size (i.e. a 1TB or 512GB iPhone has the same trade-in value as a 128GB phone). Like the previous person mentioned, you'll get more back if you sell it yourself, especially if you upgraded storage. Make sure the phone is unlocked as well, depending on where/how you purchased it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.