How is the release period for the Iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sharingan501, Jan 10, 2011.

1. sharingan501 macrumors newbie

going to work for now on? Since the Verizon Iphone is going to be an Iphone 4 will a verizon Iphone 5 be announced in June? Should I wait?:confused:

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Honestly, no one knows what will happen as they're aren't any good rumors on this specific piece. The Verizon iPhone is expected to be announced tomorrow morning by Verizon so you shouldn't have to wait long to find out.

3. sharingan501 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wonder if the Iphone will continue to come out in June since I would be willing to wait till then for an iphone 5

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's the big question on everyone's mind right now. We won't know until at least tomorrow morning or even in June when the regular annual release is traditionally done.

5. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

Or maybe Verizon won't get the iPhone 5 until this time next year?

Maybe the Verizon I4 will just get a software update in June

6. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I'm sure in the UK when Vodafone, Orange and 3 were able to sell the iPhone it happened Jan-March last year. They were all selling the iPhone 4 when it was released in July (may have been June, I really wasn't paying too much attention). I see no reason why Verizon wouldn't get the next iPhone.

7. sharingan501 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, the question is will the iphone 5 be released simultaneously during June even though the Verizon iphone 4 is coming out in February.

8. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I can't envision any decent scenario that has Apple providing two different type of iPhone models for individual carriers. Apple will provide not only AT&T and Verizon the same iPhone, but the 'World' as well. The antenna will be different between the two, but that is all.

Just because a new carrier is added to Apple's line-up, do you really think they're going to design a completely different model/design than what the rest of the planet gets? Brains people, use them!

If an iPhone5 is even offered by Apple in June/July...it will be made available to all! If not, call me out and I'll shave my head and run naked down main street!
    :rolleyes: