How is the Rocketfish Mouse?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by EliteF50, Dec 8, 2009.

1. EliteF50 macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2009
    I'd like to get your opinions about the Rocketfish Mac Mouse. I like the Magic Mouse, but I'd like something more similar to my PC mouse. The Mighty Mouse is just terrible, so that's out of the question.

By the way, should I go for the Wireless mouse just for the sake of less wires, or is the standard wired mouse just fine?
  2. js81 macrumors 65816

Dec 31, 2008
    OK, two things:

1) That's a crazy lot of money for that mouse! I bought the bluetooth wireless version of it for just $19.99 NEW on eBay (granted that's USD). Check eBay - I recently saw ones like mine going for like $10 or so.

2) Its an OK mouse, but its cheap feeling, kind of like the basic freebie mouse that comes with a run-of-the-mill PC. Not terribly, and it actually matches pretty well, but its no comparison even to the Mighty Mouse (which I actually prefer, myself, but YMMV). If its cheap, get it - if not, you can get better. I wouldn't pay over $25 for the bluetooth version.

EDIT: Here's a couple I found on eBay with a cursory search:

LINK 1

LINK 2

Looks to me a tad bit more than when I bought mine, but still not too bad...
  3. EliteF50 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2009
  4. neonkru macrumors regular

Nov 3, 2009
    ok another 2 things:

1st: i was really surprised how good the magic mouse is, you should consider using it if you're not gaming.

2nd: that mouse you linked is just terribly horrible. i own a mx revolution logitech that costs 100$ but you can just get another logitech mouse for around 40$. mouse is one of the most important interface piece of hardware. you will be using it most of the time, so you want your hand to be happy=)
  5. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    I concur, u should not skimp on the mouse since it is very important device. Get yourself a Logitech PMX.
  6. djc6 macrumors 6502

Aug 11, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Just this weekend I was looking at the Rocketfish mouse after reading a number of positive reviews on other sites.

I'm looking for a bluetooth wireless mouse, of which there are very few these days - seems everyone in using a proprietary RF dongle. I also want a 'normal' size mouse for use with my iMac, not one of those travel/laptop mice. The Rocketfish Bluetooth Mouse was essentially the only normal sized bluetooth mouse I could find!