How is the Rocketfish Mouse?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by EliteF50, Dec 8, 2009.

1. EliteF50 macrumors regular

I'd like to get your opinions about the Rocketfish Mac Mouse. I like the Magic Mouse, but I'd like something more similar to my PC mouse. The Mighty Mouse is just terrible, so that's out of the question.

By the way, should I go for the Wireless mouse just for the sake of less wires, or is the standard wired mouse just fine?

2. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

OK, two things:

1) That's a crazy lot of money for that mouse! I bought the bluetooth wireless version of it for just $19.99 NEW on eBay (granted that's USD). Check eBay - I recently saw ones like mine going for like $10 or so.

2) Its an OK mouse, but its cheap feeling, kind of like the basic freebie mouse that comes with a run-of-the-mill PC. Not terribly, and it actually matches pretty well, but its no comparison even to the Mighty Mouse (which I actually prefer, myself, but YMMV). If its cheap, get it - if not, you can get better. I wouldn't pay over $25 for the bluetooth version.

EDIT: Here's a couple I found on eBay with a cursory search:

LINK 1

LINK 2

Looks to me a tad bit more than when I bought mine, but still not too bad...

3. EliteF50 thread starter macrumors regular

4. neonkru macrumors regular

ok another 2 things:

1st: i was really surprised how good the magic mouse is, you should consider using it if you're not gaming.

2nd: that mouse you linked is just terribly horrible. i own a mx revolution logitech that costs 100$ but you can just get another logitech mouse for around 40$. mouse is one of the most important interface piece of hardware. you will be using it most of the time, so you want your hand to be happy=)

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I concur, u should not skimp on the mouse since it is very important device. Get yourself a Logitech PMX.

6. djc6 macrumors 6502

Just this weekend I was looking at the Rocketfish mouse after reading a number of positive reviews on other sites.

I'm looking for a bluetooth wireless mouse, of which there are very few these days - seems everyone in using a proprietary RF dongle. I also want a 'normal' size mouse for use with my iMac, not one of those travel/laptop mice. The Rocketfish Bluetooth Mouse was essentially the only normal sized bluetooth mouse I could find!