How is the Safari Browser? Anyone have a video using it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mysteriouskk, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Mysteriouskk macrumors member

Does the browser take a long time going from site to site? Does anyone have a video going through mutiple sites like engadget, macrumors, ign?

2. macchappy macrumors member

I don't have a video, but using my brand-new touch, I can safely say that it is as fast as Safari on OS X.

3. thebusdriver16 macrumors member

i dont have a video either but i am typing on it now and it is fast and works great

4. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

Yes man I'm on it right now and its perfect. But does anyone know how to select the predicted text?

5. cmuench macrumors member

6. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Sorry, no video here either, but it is almost as fast or as fast as Firefox on my MBP going from site to site. And the on screen keyboard isn't as bad as I thought it would be either :)

7. matias1021 macrumors member

i couldn't connect to the internet on some wireless networks....i figured it was because i had to register it.

But i just saw "Free Public Wi-Fi" network and i couldnt even connect to that...is thre something wrong with my touch?

8. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

My Touch Safari isn't even close to as fast as my iMac or Macbook, I don't know what the rest of you are seeing. It's decent, but trying to render a modern webpage on a 400mhz processor is never going to compare to a real computer.

Plus, it doesn't seem to cache pages. When I press the back button, I gotta wait for the pages to load again.

It's totally usable, but to say it's "fast" is an overstatement.

9. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

It really doesn't have as much to do with the processor as it does the speed of the intranerd :)

Plus, it only needs to render such a small bit of a page at a time..... Maybe I'm just lucky, but it works pretty damn well for me!

10. colto macrumors regular

11. colto macrumors regular

press the spacebar, if you want to keep it from using the predicted text then click the predicted word as it pops up(it shows the word with an X by it) and it will continue without changing.:)