Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mysteriouskk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Does the browser take a long time going from site to site? Does anyone have a video going through mutiple sites like engadget, macrumors, ign?

macchappy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
I don't have a video, but using my brand-new touch, I can safely say that it is as fast as Safari on OS X.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
Sorry, no video here either, but it is almost as fast or as fast as Firefox on my MBP going from site to site. And the on screen keyboard isn't as bad as I thought it would be either :)

matias1021

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
i couldn't connect to the internet on some wireless networks....i figured it was because i had to register it.

But i just saw "Free Public Wi-Fi" network and i couldnt even connect to that...is thre something wrong with my touch?

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
My Touch Safari isn't even close to as fast as my iMac or Macbook, I don't know what the rest of you are seeing. It's decent, but trying to render a modern webpage on a 400mhz processor is never going to compare to a real computer.

Plus, it doesn't seem to cache pages. When I press the back button, I gotta wait for the pages to load again.

It's totally usable, but to say it's "fast" is an overstatement.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
My Touch Safari isn't even close to as fast as my iMac or Macbook, I don't know what the rest of you are seeing. It's decent, but trying to render a modern webpage on a 400mhz processor is never going to compare to a real computer.

Plus, it doesn't seem to cache pages. When I press the back button, I gotta wait for the pages to load again.

It's totally usable, but to say it's "fast" is an overstatement.

It really doesn't have as much to do with the processor as it does the speed of the intranerd :)

Plus, it only needs to render such a small bit of a page at a time..... Maybe I'm just lucky, but it works pretty damn well for me!

colto

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Yes man I'm on it right now and its perfect. But does anyone know how to select the predicted text?

press the spacebar, if you want to keep it from using the predicted text then click the predicted word as it pops up(it shows the word with an X by it) and it will continue without changing.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.