How is there no GPS app for iPhone that can pause a podcast while speaking??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by truth1ness, Sep 26, 2014.

1. truth1ness macrumors regular

Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze, Tom Tom, Viago/Garmin, Navigon I have tried. None of these can pause a freakin podcast and I'm forced to listen to both talk over each other or constantly swipe up the audio controls and rewind which is distracting and dangerous. It's 2014 and there are millions of podcast listeners, especially while driving, how is there no solution??

I am not even clear who is at fault. Has Apple made it impossible for other apps to pause Podcasts or have these app makers simply not implemented this simple feature. I'm not sure who I should even be complaining to.

Edit: To clear any confusion, Tom Tom and Navigon have an option to pause but they don't work with any apps other than the built in Music app, (which makes no sense because you usually want to pause Podcasts and only soften Music). I know the Waze "hack" that switches to the phone speaker while speaking, but it doesn't actually stop the audio and you end up losing half to a whole sentence during the switch. These aren't solutions.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

It's not like GPS applications pause music when speaking directions so why would they do it for podcasts?

I remember an android phone I can would completely stop a song cold every time it spoke directions and I hated it! I was always like "why the **** doesn't this simply lower the music volume so I can keep singing along instead of getting jerked around" :mad:

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have it in the settings where you can turn that feature on... but it's not there so we deal.

3. truth1ness thread starter macrumors regular

I just gave two examples that do have the option for music...

Because podcasts are spoken and music is not... Try listening to two people talk vs one person talk with music playing, it's two completely different things.

Again, because that was a song, not a spoken podcast...please re-read my post title.