How is this awesome program called?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dimi94941, Sep 30, 2011.

  1. dimi94941 macrumors regular

    Oct 25, 2010
    Could somebody tell me the name of the programs featured in this video? They are making South Park and I noticed they are also drawing something on the Mac monitor, like it's a touch monitor.

    The video is here:

    It would be really cool to know the name of the program, maybe I do some animating cartoon for my entertainment. :)
  2. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

    Apr 3, 2006
    Beacon, NY
    It is a pen display, most likely a Wacom Cintiq

    I'm not sure what app they are using for those drawings in the beginning but I know the animation is done in Maya.
  3. simsaladimbamba

    Nov 28, 2010
    I don't know what the application is called, as I could only find a low-res version of the trailer, that plays outside the US, but the input device is a Cintiq Interactive Pen Display from Wacom, creator of some graphic tablets.
  4. SAdProZ macrumors 6502a

    Mar 19, 2005

    The first frames the guy is storyboarding, I believe, on what looks like Toon Boom's Storyboard. I don't know what they are using to animate (later in trailer).

Share This Page