How is this deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bc008, Sep 23, 2007.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

2ghz Core 2 Duo, 120gb, 1gb ram, SuperDrive blackbook. about 8 months old. unopened, completely new. for 1200 - 1250 range.

should i go for it?
    thanks!

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

For $50 more ($1300) you can get a brand new 2.16 C2D, 120GB hard drive, 1GB RAM, SuperDrive, whitebook.

3. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

So basically, it depends on color...

you want a white, with .16ghz faster processor(barely noticable) for just $50, or a black, .16ghz slower processor macbook...

4. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Something smells fishy here. Why would someone buy a laptop and just let it sit there and not even open it for 8 months? At least open it to test it out or something. If it was an impulse buy, why didn't they return it? If they needed the money, why didn't they return it 8 months ago?

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Talk to wangchunggti337.

He's had a black Macbook since last December that he STILL has not opened, and still has it for sale in the marketplace. Literally brand new, in box, sealed. Who knows some people's motivations? To each his own :rolleyes:

But going along with the common thought here, I'd definitely get a new one. Wasting your time spending nearly the same money for an older model is pointless.

6. colocolo macrumors 6502

It also comes down to if you want 8 extra months of warranty and a risk free purchase :)

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No, don't go for it. You'd be better off getting a new one from Apple, or a refurb from the refurb store. The price isn't that great, and I still want to know what kept the person from opening it for eight months. How long has it been up for sale? It's all a bit too unsettling, no matter what wangchunggti337 has been doing with his macbook.

My thoughts exactly. I'd go for the risk free purchase that gives me eight extra months of free warranty.