How is this done

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by knaste, Aug 5, 2012.

1. knaste macrumors newbie

Hi

I was watching a music video from this years TdF, in the first 5 seconds of this video there is a rapid black flickering. Is there a plugin that does this or is it just manual clipping of black frames over the video/title that creates this effect?

http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?treeId=132005&progId=630447

After pressing the link you have to choose the one called "Musikkvideo" amongst the 5 videos on the left, I am not able to link directly to this video for some reason.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I get a message saying that I can't watch it here in the UK.

3. knaste thread starter macrumors newbie

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

5. hsilver macrumors regular

6. Hillskill macrumors member

Id just be doing it by hand. playback and CTRL+V to the beat ;)

EDIT: On reflection that post makes me seem a bit arrogant. I appreciate they are very quick cuts. You can chop in the beats that you are quick enough to and then zoom in and manually add more.

7. knaste thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answers, I recon the intervals are somewhere in the range of 5-10 frames and zooming inn on the title as I go along. I will try doing it manually first and then see if there is a plugin that will do the job later.

8. mBox macrumors 68020

All of the above but its a little distracting kind of takes away from the logo and the shots.
    Great shots too.

9. ThePreditor macrumors member

Right, of all the techniques in this piece, that flicker at the beginning is the last one I'd want to replicate.

10. WRP macrumors 6502a

There are tons of ways to do it and none are any better or worse.

If you want it consistent you can use the strobe filter. If you want to manually do it you can manually paste black 1-frame slugs over your video on the timeline. You could also razor your clip and leave a 1-frame black chunk missing. Don't move the clip, simply remove a frame.

Personally I would go the black solid route so I could disable them on the fly if need be and bumping them one frame or the other would be quick and easy.

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler