How is this forum going to change on Monday?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KauaiBruce, Mar 7, 2015.

1. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

All of this speculation is going to end once the announcement hits on Monday. First we will start with "NOW which model do you want?" threads which hopefully will quickly transition to "Which one DID you order?" intermingled with complaining about not getting onto the Apple Store to preorder when promised.

Then there will be the ones tracking down to the minute of what time you ordered versus when your expected shipping date is listed. And THEN we will get the massive threads marking shipping and where the planes are.

In the midst of all of that on Monday there will also be either bitching or celebration on the price of Bands and the SS and Gold models mixed with a discussion on how they priced the different sizes.

And of course there will always be the totally stupid questions asked by folks who have not read anything at all or even looked at the Apple Site.

Miss anything?

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

People are going to have a ***** fit when the prices are announced.

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

It's certainly going to be an interesting week.

I personally hope that the Watch will support web browsing and have a band made of stretchy rubber. Then we can finally say Safari is snappy.

And we will. Thousands of times.

Some things will not change, of that you can be sure!

4. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I'm hoping they celebrate. I'm in the camp of $499 for the SS 42mm. That will sell a ton of accessories. Now if someone would just create a combo watch/iPhone charging station with a nice thing to hang the watch on to be charged and include a slot to put my phone in next to it while using ONE plug.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Could be a MASSIVE thread.

6. cleirac macrumors 6502

I am more excited with the details about the new Apple Gold than the Apple Watch Gold Edition. :p

7. cleirac macrumors 6502

I hope we get a selfie with him using the "stunning" iPhone 6S.

8. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Don't kid yourself - there won't be celebration, only bitching.

If the Apple Watch is priced at $99, there will be hordes of trolls on here saying it costs too much for a worthless piece of junk....

....and they'll find many things to intentionally misinterpret, or they'll make worst-case guesses on things that Apple didn't quite specifically say or nail down.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

And if this forum is any indication, people will bitch loudly at first then buy anyway.

10. cleirac macrumors 6502

Oh, what is happening right now is the calm before the storm. :D If you are late in the party - check out the bitching and trolls in the history of the iPhone and iPad Forums, you can imagine what will happen in this forum after the Monday's event and during launch day. I will be checking out of this forum until the next one and I will enjoy my AW!

11. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I am sure most are like me. Use the boards to occupy yourself until yours lands at your doorstep. Maybe one more post once you get yours and then it is "What forum?"

12. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

13. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

This might make me a bad person, but I'm quite looking forward to the pandemonium that is going to happen here after Monday's announcement.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

No matter what the pricing, a lot of people are going to be angry about it. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to thread after thread about how Apple has "lost it" and how "Steve Jobs would never have done this." I want a legitimate discussion about the Watch. Hopefully the mods manage to keep this area reasonably clean. Let's have a single "the Edition is too expensive" thread, and another "gripes about the Apple Watch" thread, and leave it at that.

15. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

It'll get very busy, and complaining will accompany it

16. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Just as years ago the advent of the iPhone changed the "tone," focus and direction of this site forever, so will the new Apple Watch, another device totally different from anything Apple (or anyone else) has done before.

17. franzkfk macrumors regular

franzkfk

18. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I think you got it nailed.

Maybe you missed the couple guys having a heartattack from the tension of having to wait another month or so, possibly more, before these things actually go on sale. (Incidentally, this would include me, by the way... :p)

19. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

A lot of people will be posting what watches they are going to buy! pictures included!

20. McGiord, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

There will be a fake/mysterious picture of one complement of the alleged apple car and the apple watch future owners will start wondering if they buy the first gen or wait to future proof the purchase what will be the resale value to upgrade as they will they need to next gen apple watch to be able to watch the instrument cluster or driver an apple car.

----------

There will be a new section in the forum to cover the #Apple-Watch-allergy-gate

21. nfl46 macrumors 603

Probably a bunch of "Omg, the Apple Watch is xxx amount of dollars...I can get a this or that watch for the same price and even better battery life."

22. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

It wasn't difficult to figure out. That is exactly what happens for each iPhone version.

I made sure I had the morning off Just in Case the order window opens immediately after. Can you imagine the frenzy if the Apple Store goes offline during the event?

23. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

Yup, "Have Apple gone crazy??" etc.

24. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I hope there will be a lot more interesting chat about all the new and interesting things we find out the Apple watch can do.
    The Apps that are shown running.
    The new features that are talked about.
    And lot of positive new interesting topics.

Much better than the little we really know, apart from price guessing which we are all fed up with.

Opening you car door, a clock face, and a few novelty things is not enough. I'm hoping we see a LOT more interesting things it can do, or rather interesting software that's been written for it.

I am "hoping" but part of me feels I will be a little disappointed, as the devs won't really be able to show off much until far later in the year when Apple lets them have SDK access.
    Apple of course, has full access, so no excuse for at least them having some great things to show off.