how is this possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by desistyle, Jul 1, 2010.

1. desistyle macrumors regular

From the Engadget review of the iPhone 4:

"In fact, we managed to squeeze more than 38 hours -- yes, 38 hours -- of life out of a single charge using the phone as we normally would. We're talking calls, some gaming, lots of push email and calendar invites, playing music over Bluetooth in the car, and just general testing (like downloading new apps, rearranging icons, tweaking settings). We went from 10:30AM on a Saturday morning till 1:00AM on Monday without needing to charge the phone"

I am NOWHERE near this ! I have about 4 hours of usage and 11 hours of standby and i'm at 45% right now. How did engadget get this much life out of their iPhone 4? I don't get it.

2. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I believe 15 hours of normal use is the maxmum charge according to Apple, and that is under the best circumstances. I have not heard that or read that from Engadget, but if they claim that, they are pulling that number out of their ass.

3. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I haven't charged my phone for a full day. But it doesn't see THAT much use.

4. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

guys that is nothing, they are INCLUDING standby time. They didnt get 38 hours of usage time, that would be impossible.

5. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I can believe it. Started off a start-up at 100% this morning, about 9:30. normal usage, I'm at 55%.

6. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

Well, you are currently at 15 hours on that charge, and 45% battery remaining. If you double that you're near 30 hours. Then you have to consider that they may have had the brightness set lower than you do. The brightness is easily one of the biggest factors when it comes to battery life.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They also give NO details on how long they did any of the activities they described. It matters.

8. desistyle thread starter macrumors regular

I think the standby time also includes usage. The reason i say this is becuase i'm now at 12 hours standby and i literally took my phone off the charger 12 hours ago.

I still think my battery life seems weaker compared to other users on macrumors..

9. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Hmm - here's a snapshot of my screen from earlier today.

75% after 9 hours use. That's 9 hours of iPod and an hour of iBooks (I know that adds up to 10, but I read while listening), some surfing, Exchange email and Gmail accounts getting email. No calls, WiFi off, location service on, bluetooth off.

Attached Files: