How is VZW Unlimited on the 5?

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
For those with grandfathered internet on VZW with an iPhone 5 on LTE how great is it knowing you have unlimited with 4G for 29.99 a month? :cool:

DDustiNN

macrumors 68010
Jan 27, 2011
I had unlimited for $10/month... But I rarely even reached 1 GB, so I abandoned it for the 2 GB plan, keeping my $10 price though ;)

Billing cycle ends next week and I just hit the 1 GB mark, only because I downloaded all my apps on 4G since I activated my phone at work on release day.

Much better than spending $750 on a phone, IMO :D

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I had unlimited for $10/month... But I rarely even reached 1 GB, so I abandoned it for the 2 GB plan, keeping my $10 price though ;)

Billing cycle ends next week and I just hit the 1 GB mark, only because I downloaded all my apps on 4G since I activated my phone at work on release day.

Much better than spending $750 on a phone, IMO :D
I'm on a family plan and will be using the upgrade on a line without a grandfathered data plan to upgrade to the 5. Will then swap with my 4s and get the 5 for the subsidized price and keep my grandfathered plan. :rolleyes:

trophynuts

macrumors member
May 25, 2011
i have unlimited for the time being as well. But that is about to change. I'm going to join my wife's and mine accts. We'll actually save a little by doing this and going to the shared plans. We're not extremely heavy users and can easily get by on 4gb a month.

Bkfraiders7

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
For those with grandfathered internet on VZW with an iPhone 5 on LTE how great is it knowing you have unlimited with 4G for 29.99 a month? :cool:
Amazing, especially since we have unlimited Data on all our lines for $10 a month (not to mention the 20% FAN deduction on the total).

Be jealous :D

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Have to pay full price for the phone to keep it.

If I would have subsidized my monthly bill would have went up 30 dollars a month. Over 2 years that is $720 extra to go from unlimited data to limited 6GB data.

Bkfraiders7

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
That's a sweet deal dude.
We all hate you. lol :D

Thanks guys! It was a call-in-only deal VZW was offering a couple years ago. Not many people knew about it. In fact, when we were talking a VZW rep at a store after we had the promotion in place, he didn't believe us at first because we had a better deal than him!

Anyway, I came back to note that 1 of our accounts is actually on the $30 for 2GB deal VZW used to offer before they switched to the Share Everything Plans. I called about 3 weeks ago and though they couldn't deduct $20 a month from the line, they offered to knock off $10 a month on the Data package for 12 months. Thats $120 a year. So anyone wanting to save some money, give VZW a call

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Folks, this is why we don't have unlimited data anymore.
because people have corporate discounts? becuase the company that they work probably spends thousands of dollars a year doing buisness with them??

:confused::confused:

the reason they dont offer unlimited anymore is because they can make more money off of people charging tiered data.
thats it.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
because people have corporate discounts? becuase the company that they work probably spends thousands of dollars a year doing buisness with them??

:confused::confused:

the reason they dont offer unlimited anymore is because they can make more money off of people charging tiered data.
thats it.
46GB? Give me a break.

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Because people used a service they paid for? I don't get it. Hey, if you want to stick around 5GB/mo - feel free and cancel unlimited to switch to a plan like that. But if I pay $30/mo for unlimited on my phone and $30/mo for unlimited tethering... guess what? I'm going to use both services as I pay $60/mo for it!

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I don't think so. I get a 21% discount on the DATA USUAGE AMOUNT portion of my bill which works out to be a nominal 14 bucks out of a over 300 dollar bill. It's not a 21% discount of the ENTIRE bill conbined.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.