How is watching movies in the dark?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacMartyr, Jan 16, 2011.

1. MacMartyr macrumors member

I'm about to replace my '07 black Macbook with the new white one, and my only concern is that the body is too reflective. I watch a ton of DVD's and tv shows on my Macbook, often in low-lighting and I'm concerned that the white surface will be too reflective and distracting for low-light viewing. Can anyone share their experience?

2. rnev macrumors newbie

I don't think to should be to different. I don't watch that many movies but first off you probably wouldn't need to be at full brightness in a dark room. The black macbook might have been slightly less reflective but it would have been just as shiny. Your other option would be a macbook pro which has the metal finish which I would think would be the shiniest of all, so you really don't have much choice. I wouldn't worry to much about with any of the macs. I'm sure apple has some person sit in a dark room and watch movies so that they think of this kind of thing.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It shouldn't reflect much unless the display is dipped down so the light from the screen is shining directly on the body. So the more you have your screen tipped up the less reflection will take place :D

4. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

Never been a problem whenever I've used a unibody MB.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Only the outside of the MB is glossy. The inside is a matte finish.