iPad How is Whatsapp for Web on iPadOS beta?

The Samurai

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I hate the current apps on the app store relating to whatsapp as most of them running annoying ads.

Can anyone running the new beta for iPadOS how well Whatsapp web works, I do quite a bit of work from the Mac whatsapp app and was hoping that the new full deaktop safari this would check off another thing which could do with my mobile needs.

Thanks in advance.

juanmaasecas

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2014
It's working, but sending photos they're wrongly rotated sometimes, and if you leave the window, it keeps disconnecting super easily and it takes a bit to reconnect.

Reactions: The Samurai

Digitalguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
If this turns out to be a seperate thing with a different number from your smartphone, hardly anybody is going to use it. Whatsapp Web works with ipad but it has no notification and does not refresh very quickly, so it's definitely not ideal. Whatsapp on ipad only makes sense if it's the same number as you smartphone. And if it's that, then it's going to be big here in Europe.

Reactions: The Samurai

lozion

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I havent used a cell in years, only Minis with LTE, a SIP app and a few chat apps like Viber, etc. Having WA natively on iPad would be a bonus. For now I have to contend with buggy WA++..

The Samurai

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Not going to hold my breath, after seeing this report today:

lozion

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Not going to hold my breath, after seeing this report today:
Grrr..