How is working at Apple?

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
I know apple employees are not allowed to post here, but I was considering working at an apple store location, and was wondering if anyone knew what it was like. How's the pay and are there good opportunities for advancement?? Will it give me a good foundation to build off of in the future. I'm still in college so this would be after?

Any suggestions.

Thanks

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
I know apple employees are not allowed to post here, but I was considering working at an apple store location, and was wondering if anyone knew what it was like. How's the pay and are there good opportunities for advancement?? Will it give me a good foundation to build off of in the future. I'm still in college so this would be after?

Any suggestions.

Thanks
As far as I am aware working in an Apple store is not really any different to working in any other shop. If you like Apple computers and want a bit of work experience then you might as well go for it.

jstad

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
As far as I am aware working in an Apple store is not really any different to working in any other shop. If you like Apple computers and want a bit of work experience then you might as well go for it.
He is right. Working in retail provides you with a retail track. It does not really provide you with any direct path to getting to Apple's corporate business, but more toward maybe a regional manager of stores (if this is the way apple even structures its retail shops)