How is your 5c holding up to scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mainsail, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Mainsail macrumors 6502a

I am thinking about getting a 5c when eligible for an upgrade. For those that already have one, how is it holding up to scratches, dents, and the like? I would probably use it without a case, so I am wondering how the plastic is wearing now that it has been in use for a couple of months.

2. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

I had a cheap bumper on while waiting for a case and I dropped my phone on the pavement, the back shell has no damage but when I picked it up the edge of the LCD was partially out of the frame and the edge of the glass on that side was scraped. I went to an apple store and an employee pushed it back in but idk.. I would like to wear a bumper again but that first drop was ridiculous lol. The screen popping out wasn't as bad to me as the glass getting scratched.

3. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I have mine unprotected and it's holding up well. However when I lay it down I lay it screen down because of the screen protector and the back has no protection. There's a few faint surface scratches. My phone is a launch day phone.

4. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Launch day model here. I've used it caseless and there are a few feint scratched on the back but I have to look really hard in the light to see them.

5. Mainsail thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would prefer to use the phone without a case, since part of the fun is picking a color that I like. It seems silly to cover the phone with a case.

White or blue for me most likely.

6. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

It'll hold up better than the 5s to the same conditions but don't put it in a pocket with keys; a friend found out the hard way. Doesn't seem to hold up as well as the 4.

7. 2nd4ever macrumors newbie

The 5C shape and grip in-hand is exquisite but it’s a slider on smooth surfaces and the recessed/rimless upper edges of the poly body put a face-down screen face at too great a risk in day-to-day use – for me anyway. A simple (W/on/W) Apple case solved the problem.