How is your Apple Watch series 4 battery life?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Seanm87, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Seanm87 macrumors 6502

i have recently got a series 4 Apple Watch. The first few days the watch ended the day with roughly 50%. Since then I can barely make it through the day the battery tanks and I’m not using it any differently.

I had a first gen Apple Watch a couple of years ago and from what I can remember I could usually wear it for 2 days before it ran out of juice. I tried a hard reset but hasn’t changed anything.

How does yours hold up? Do you usually get a full day? Wondering whether something is wrong with mine.

2. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

If I turn it off when I'm sleeping I can go 2 1/2 days without charging it.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I put my SBSS 4 on at around 3:00am and put it back on the charger at 7 to 8pm and it indicates about 60 to 70% still on the battery.

I love the battery life.

4. dotzero123 macrumors 6502

dotzero123

When I first got my aw4 I thought battery life was going to be an issue. After a few weeks when I stopped constantly playing with my new toy I started to get full day on a charge. If I run with music it drains quickly so I top it off for 15-20 mins and get a full day.

5. NumBerS912 macrumors member

I picked up a series 4 ss recently after having a series 3. Battery been ok until yesterday when I finally got to activate the LTE with o2 and now battery is not making it through the day. Unpaired and reset not set up again as new watch. Hopefully this will sort as I’m pretty disappointed

6. Gsmaniac macrumors member

I definitely remember getting two days out of AW0 when it was new. Recently updated to AW4 and was expecting the same. Was disappointed when I didn’t. The other day I didn’t even get a full day.

7. trinec macrumors newbie

Not glad to hear.... only for cell/LTE option I would upgrade from my still full day lasting AW0

8. Seanm87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good to hear it’s not just me having issues then. I use the exercise tracking a lot so think that could be draining it a lot.

9. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

Oh yes. I noticed that when I'm using exercise tracking it is constantly measuring my heartbeat (you can see the green light on the bottom). That can't be great for battery life.

10. nikkisharif macrumors member

I can get about 2 days with LTE. I also don’t have a million notifications either, so that might help.

11. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

12. trinec macrumors newbie

Battery life is only interesting on a dedicated usage without any iPhone in the near. The LTE module seems to drown down the battery. In idle / standby it looks like 10% per hour, in usage like music streaming on LTE, or tracking sports much more. Maybe I‘ll get one soon again to test ist again.

13. NumBerS912 macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2019 ---
    In the end I set up as a new watch and seems ok again now.

14. Closingracer macrumors 68040

My watch usually is taken off around 12 and by midnight around 50% but that’s when I work. Mostly because I move my wrist a lot at work and it turns on because it thinks I want to look at it m. Normally it would be fine tho and probably a full day it only goes down to 70% give and take

15. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

Yes I’m actually very pleased with the battery life on my series 4. I take it off the charger around 7AM and then keep it on all day until around 10:30PM I’m still at about 65-70%. Now if it’s a day that I went for a run with my watch, then by the end of the day it’s at like 55%, but still damn good! I haven’t drained it below 50% yet. I have just WiFi, not LTE version.

16. Seanm87 thread starter macrumors 6502

So today my battery life suddenly vastly improved and I have no idea why. I used it the same way I always do and did 30 minutes exercise tracking and it barely made a dent in the battery. Strange.

17. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I currently have 17 stand hrs and 77% left on my battery.

18. trinec macrumors newbie

Yesterday, I got a Series 4 44m LTE & Series 3 42mm LTE. I'll compare them this weekend and decide wether to take one or not. Since I got the Series 3 Nike edition as second hand ware for 200$ and the Series 4 as new one (on a local sale) for "just" 460$ I can give them an extended test to make sure I get the fitting one for me.

So far for me from Series 0 switcher: Cost effectiveness seems surely to be the Series 3. Except of the bigger display there aren't any new features for me. I do not activate heart tracking, EKG, ... So there are not many benefits left for me, instead more then double the price. It seems that indoor there aren't that much differences for speaker and micro during calls, will test it later outdoor to make a compare for this.

19. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

I’ve never ended a 24 hour period with over 50% charge and I don’t consider myself to be a heavy user.

I believe I’m getting anywhere between 1 day and a day and a half normally.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 22, 2019 ---
    I’m not sure these are issues.

Before I bought one I was told to expect to charge it every day so that was my thoughts going in.

20. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

Yes, buying my Apple Watch I just went in with the mindset that I would be charging it every night just like my phone. But I’m still very pleased with my S4’s battery life. By the end of the day, I’m usually around 70%. I could probably get a day and a half in on the battery for sure.

21. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I put my S4 on at about 6:30am, get 30-50 minutes of exercise every day, and put it back on the charger at about 11:00pm. I usually have 50-60% charge remaining. No complaints here!

22. bambooshots, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019

bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

It’s good but definitely less than the series 3.

I think the reason is the number and colors of complications I have on.

With the series there it was just three colors in the screen the majority of the time: black and green and white.

23. trinec macrumors newbie

aw.jpg

That's with my Watch in Cellular mode only (iPhone was all time at home). Exactly 9,5 hours till it went down to the last 20% of battery... That's not enough for a workday :mad:

24. benshive macrumors regular

I wear it all day and the battery could easily last 2 days. I throw it on the charger every night though. Are you by any chance running the iOS 13 beta on your iPhone?

25. trinec macrumors newbie

If you mean me, this stats are taken in cellular (dedicated) mode only (as written). No iPhone has been carried with - that's the reason for the cellular version, isn't it ;-). When connected to iPhone surely it lasts its 2 days...