Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nox5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
My 5S is still strong. The housing is all beaten up. I don't use cases. Fast, good battery lasts whole day, it even survived very short ocean swim. Due to ocean water I had to replace buttons that started acting up. Now they click like new again. Original headset failed but not the iPhone.

Last edited:

pr0230

Suspended
Feb 7, 2013
I was just wondering the same thing about others... Mine is in MINT condition and in an Otter Box armor case... In fact I have never seen my phone since I put in in the case... Im on the latest IOS runs just fine.... Hard to justify a 7+ considering what I do with the phone... I plan on buying the 7+ next march, just because, don't really need one..

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
My wifes 5s is still chugging along, but it's been through hell. The battery is shot and dies at about 40-60%, the home button is shattered and the case is bent(it doesn't just happen with the iPhone 6/6+, any phone will bend if you abuse it). It took a couple of tumbles when she owned it, but since then it has been in possession of my 13 year old son. He caused the majority of the damage.

nox5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
I don't like to carry on me bigger, even slightly heavier phone. This one is perfect.

Retops

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Oklahoma
My wife's iPhone 5s is doing great after 31 months of daily use. She keeps it in an Apple leather case and usually carries it in her purse, so it looks like new basically. The battery has held up very well and it still is a speedy as ever. Excellent phone.

I offerred to get her an iPhone 7 for Christmas but she wants to keep this one because she likes the size.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

nox5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Spend that money on something made of gold for her instead. So over time it will not depreciate like iPhone does

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
My backup phone 5s is still going strong, jailbroken on 9.3.3. No problems with it at all; it acts like new.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Have had my 5S since the end of August 2015, and use it every day extensively. Very happy with its relatively speedy performance on iOS 10.

The only thing that's pretty bad is its battery life - I'm lucky if I get 6 hours from a full charge. And that's usually with Bluetooth off and brightness below half the maximum. That said, my battery has never been great on this phone, so maybe I got a dud in that regard.

Everything else? I'm happy. It will definitely hold me off until whenever the rumored major redesign of iPhone with the all glass body is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.